Best unit under 500$

Participant count
  • Participant list

Lilfick

I, i'm looking to buy a new radio for my Smart Fortwo passion cabrio 2009. I want the opinion of expert, cause i know nothing about radio. So guide me to get the beat radio quality/price.

Here is some option i want :

- Navigation (without add-on like Pioneer that need the AVIC-U250 at 400$)

- Bluetooth (Hand Free call, play music on my android smartphone)

- Of course 2 DIN Touch Screen (Capacitive or not, doesnt matter)

- I like customization, like Pioneer (we can change the color, etc)

- Need to be fast, no loading... you know.

I'll probably pay someone at my local store to install it, so i want a radio under 500$... It can be any brand, kenwood, Pioneer, Clarion, Asteroid, Alpine, etc... But i want something that will last for years, the car should died before the radio //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Thank "!

I, i'm looking to buy a new radio for my Smart Fortwo passion cabrio 2009. I want the opinion of expert, cause i know nothing about radio. So guide me to get the beat radio quality/price.
Here is some option i want :

- Navigation (without add-on like Pioneer that need the AVIC-U250 at 400$)

- Bluetooth (Hand Free call, play music on my android smartphone)

- Of course 2 DIN Touch Screen (Capacitive or not, doesnt matter)

- I like customization, like Pioneer (we can change the color, etc)

- Need to be fast, no loading... you know.

I'll probably pay someone at my local store to install it, so i want a radio under 500$... It can be any brand, kenwood, Pioneer, Clarion, Asteroid, Alpine, etc... But i want something that will last for years, the car should died before the radio //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Thank "!
I would look at some of the Kenwoods and maybe even some Sonys believe it or not..Im not a fan of Pioneer,though they have nice features.Its all about what you want and what you are willing to spend and ease of use for you as some units are/can be complicated to run/use.There are no guarantees these days with any electronics,to outlast any vehicle,or forever..2-3 yrs at best these days.Hell, how about Digital TVs??So many hours and they are done..Im thinking the same for digital amplifiers,but we will see.I still have one radio that has out lasted most of myvehicles, and still run today as the day I bought it.Eclipse CD3000.Ive never had any issues with this unit..ever..Its outlasted so many other head units.Just do some research on the units that you would like to have with the features you would like to have,and within your budget.I don't think you can go too wrong with your choice/choices.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.