Best Subwoofers for rock?

No, not many subs are tailored to that, the installs are tailored to that.

There really is no best subwoofer for any given install though.

The audioque LW's will do fairly well with rock.

I agree it is more enclosure dependent.But the sub can help too //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

I agree with low tuning. It really depends on individual recordings, tho. Tom petty and greenday sound AMAZING and punchy in my car, every bass drum kick beats directly on your chest, but with certain recordings, 'wish' by cure, for example, aren't even mastered down to subbass frequencies... I think the bassdrum's like 110 or 120hz...

Infinity Kappa Perfects would work well, from my experience.

It would def depend on the enclosure, a small sealed enc. for tight response, and less "boom" would most likely be your best bet, in my opinion.

Since you really don't need the really low freqs for the vast majority of rock music (Bass guitar is in the 40hz range and the kickdrum is around there as well) and you would want the impact for the kick, I would suggest a ported box. The "punch" will still be there. The detail will still be there. The key is to tune it correctly. You want to avoid the big response peaks and go for a flat response. The enclosure will be just as important as the sub if not more so.

Since you really don't need the really low freqs for the vast majority of rock music (Bass guitar is in the 40hz range and the kickdrum is around there as well) and you would want the impact for the kick, I would suggest a ported box. The "punch" will still be there. The detail will still be there. The key is to tune it correctly. You want to avoid the big response peaks and go for a flat response. The enclosure will be just as important as the sub if not more so.
+1 for the sub section intelligent response of the day.

For rock I would get either a DLS Iridium 10 or IDs

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.