Best Subwoofer with little air space.

86vette07
10+ year member

This is the problem I own a 07 corvette with little space in the back. I have a ported pre fab box due to I do not want to take up the last bit of room i already have. I currently have 2 Fosgate P3 that hit pretty decent. I just wasted time and money buying 2 DB Drive Platinum PLW !2". They are rated at way more power but did not nearly hit as hard. I was told because the DB subs need more air space than the Fosgates, Is this true? Also what subwwofer would you recommend fo my situation of little or no room?

how much space do you have or if your using the same box how many cubic ft. is it and what is it tuned to, also what size subs do you want. what kind of music do you prefer? oh yeah, and what amp?

topsideofonyx2.jpg

this is what I did with my 86

focal subs go in small boxes. the 33v1, which is a 13 inch sub, is optimal in 1.4 cubes ported. one of the smaller box subs i've seen. elemental designs is another option.

This is the problem I own a 07 corvette with little space in the back. I have a ported pre fab box due to I do not want to take up the last bit of room i already have. I currently have 2 Fosgate P3 that hit pretty decent. I just wasted time and money buying 2 DB Drive Platinum PLW !2". They are rated at way more power but did not nearly hit as hard. I was told because the DB subs need more air space than the Fosgates, Is this true? Also what subwwofer would you recommend fo my situation of little or no room?
Did you upgrade the amp too or just get new subs?

More advice, i'd make an enclsoure (like I did) for the storage container. It wasnt particularly hard to make (I fabed it up with cardboard, then put fiberglass over the cardboard, then resined it to a 3/4" peice of MDF). Id suggest something like a 10" Alpine R dual 2 sealed.

you dumb ass, that's my old bazooka amp. And those amps weren't exactly bad when you can find them for $50 and they still do what their rated power is.
not saying its a BAD amp, just didnt know what kinda power it was putting out and considering hes changed subs once already, maybe output is limited because of the amp...and think before you call someone a dumbass, i mean he's got an '07 vette with a $50 bazooka amp, my bad, dumbass.

not saying its a BAD amp, just didnt know what kinda power it was putting out and considering hes changed subs once already, maybe output is limited because of the amp...and think before you call someone a dumbass, i mean he's got an '07 vette with a $50 bazooka amp, my bad, dumbass.
He's calling you a dumbass because you failed to realize the Bazooka is not the OP's. Saying that you "found the problem" only reinforced that notion since you now admit that you had no idea "what kinda power it was putting out".

He's calling you a dumbass because you failed to realize the Bazooka is not the OP's. Saying that you "found the problem" only reinforced that notion since you now admit that you had no idea "what kinda power it was putting out".
This. and nah, I sold that Onyx a couple of years ago. Im sure it's lurking around this site somewhere //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

This. and nah, I sold that Onyx a couple of years ago. Im sure it's lurking around this site somewhere //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif
Knowing how you feel about that buildhouse I thought for sure you would have killed it on purpose. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.