Best sub >6" depth?

disturbedpony
10+ year member

Code:
Well I cant decide what subs to go with, so im looking for subs with less than 6" depth. I am trying to install some subs in a 2004 f150 crew cab so you guys know I am limited on space. Trying to do it in a pre-built box but if the sub is worth it I will build a box myself. I am looking at pushing about 800-1000 watts to them.

Let the discussion begin.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do to lack of really good subs in this catagory I second the SD-10.

Keep in mind that the DCON, and most subs, need some space behind them for their port vent. The sundown SD series and skar don't.

Do to lack of really good subs in this catagory I second the SD-10.
Keep in mind that the DCON, and most subs, need some space behind them for their port vent. The sundown SD series and skar don't.

Yea if you went with the dcon ude need a spacer, but the sundown SD 12 is even under 6in i think

let me tell you the only option you have is fox acoustics cause all the other boxes basically ****. These are the best truck boxes out there

2004-11 FORD F-150 2-10" SUPER CAB & 2004-2008 SUPER CREW SUB BOX

2004-08 FORD F-150 1-10" SUPER CAB / SUPER CREW SUB BOX & 09-10 SUPERCAB

and with this you can go with a reg mouting depth sub for sealed

TWO SA-10D4 SUNDOWN AUDIO SUBS 10" DVC 4 OHM SA LOUD PRO BASS SUBWOOFERS PAIR | eBay

6 inch needs .55 sealed be perfect after displacement

VVX-10D4 SKAR AUDIO 10" SUB DUAL 4 OHM LOUD PRO SUBWOOFER SPEAKER NEW | eBay

i actually like the skar better sealed 6 inch mounting depth also

Wow thanks for the links mclerico83!!! That's the box i have been looking for, a box with at least 6" or more. What's even better is that the company is about an hour away from me. I have been drooling over the skar's, sa's, rl-i(that I cant find anywhere) and some ascendant assassin's. I went with skar's though. So if I don't like these, mclerico83 I am sending you the bill...haha. Thanks for the help everyone. Now time to sell some audio stuff that's been collecting dust to recoup some money!! Anyone need some ed 110v2, some ppi pc amps, and some other stuff?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.