Best SQL Sub

Can you stop derailing the thread please.
sorry. i apologize. wait, what does derailing mean.....//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

any ways if you want a good sql sub, buy a dc lvl 4 xl. thread closed:D

I have heard great things about the DC Lvl4xl, how many watts would be needed to sufficiently push this sub? What about the SSA XCON or AA Havoc?
the xl line is amazing. it gets loud as balls and still manages to sound great. its rated at 1500 rms, but i added double tinsels and extra spiders so it should handle 2500 rms easy daily. without it the addons, id say 2000 rms to 2500 rms. if its clean power. the xcon is a good sql sub. i had an icon last year, gets very deep. im sure the xcon is good. its also rated at 1500 rms. or i think 1750 rms not sure. the havoc is a great spl. its like the btl i think

SQ is subjective but SPL is not.

For good SPL, a woofer should have lightweight parts and a strong motor.

For good SQ a woofer should have a good suspension to be able to move freely but stay linear, and motor force should stay consistent over the whole range of movement.

Fi makes a decent range of woofers that can be used for SQL,

I also liked the MTX 9500 personally.

Here is the new T3 T2000

Product2010114-1.jpg

Product2010096.jpg

Companies to look at, with subs in parenthesis

Exodus audio (shiva and tempest)

Acoustic Elegance (AV line)

Soundsplinter (RL-P)

Fi (Q)

Ascendant Audio (havok)

The top three would be my first choices as they all use some form of advances motor/coil topologies to produce lower than average distortion, even for high end woofers. The last two are from the same buildhouse and are simply very good standard designs that will still provide excellent results.

If you want to go used Adire had some nice stuff as well as Ascendant Audio's older line, which was XBL^2 based. Despite that I'd still go with Exodus over the used route as pricing is similar and dan wiggins pretty much designed all of them, but he had more experience to draw upon with his newer lines. Faraday rings are the biggest extra here, along with quieter suspensions.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.