Best sound deadener?

Participant count
  • Participant list

PTswim41
10+ year member

I want to buy some sound deadener for my rear deck, doors, and maybe my trunk. Ive been looking at lots of different brands and everyone has different opinions. I want to hear what you guys think. dynamat? raammat? second skin? fatmat? peal n seel? what should i get?

Damplifier...>>>everything else
Thats not to say others dont make a good product
And you are qualified to make this statement how? I don't suspect you happened to do an independent analysis with a control measure. Yes Damp is a good product, but to say it is greater than everything else is a slight exaggeration.

And you are qualified to make this statement how? I don't suspect you happened to do an independent analysis with a control measure. Yes Damp is a good product, but to say it is greater than everything else is a slight exaggeration.
Where'd you buy the high horse you just rode in on?

And you are qualified to question me how??? 99% of the so called independent analysis/studies are not real world test anyway, I should have said out of the products I have used..SS, Peel N Seel, Raamat, Edead v1 and v3, 3m ruberized undercoat, etc... The SS has worked the best in my installs, but thats not to say the others did not perform well..

depends on what you want. best working or best price or bang for your buck. i think damp works best but for the price fatmat rattle trap you can double or triple it up for the same price.

depends on what you want. best working or best price or bang for your buck. i think damp works best but for the price fatmat rattle trap you can double or triple it up for the same price.
ive heard fatmat rattle trap smells like tar and melts when it gets hot. does anyone know if that is actually true?

It doesn't get hot in PA. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif
lol.. I worked on pa/ny border a year ago and it got pretty **** hot.. mid 90s felt hotter up there there 100+ down here in okla.. but for the most part its not going to get hot enough to melt anything up there i wouldnt think

lol.. I worked on pa/ny border a year ago and it got pretty **** hot.. mid 90s felt hotter up there there 100+ down here in okla.. but for the most part its not going to get hot enough to melt anything up there i wouldnt think
I took my girlfriend to NYC this past summer, it was like 80-85 in the middle of July. lol

I took my girlfriend to NYC this past summer, it was like 80-85 in the middle of July. lol
ya we were 3 hours strait west. We had alot of good days like that but we had some hot ones too. for the most part though its perfect summer weather

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.