best setup for reg cab??????

pj2003
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
i want to get a jbl 600.1 mono amp .

hereare the three setups i am thinking about hooking up to the jbl.

1) 3 10" rockford fosgate he

2) 2 12" kicker compvr

3) 2 adire audio 12" shiva

whatever setup i choose i will put the subs in the recommended SEALED enclosure.

i know yall are gonna diss me for askin this but which would be the loudest OUTSIDE the vehicle while not soundin like crap doin it.i have a reg cab so dont start tellin me to get a magnum cuz i aint got the room.ok?

also i cant find all the info on the SHIVAS and i want to know the rec. sealed box dimensions. and can u get the shiva in dula 2 ohm?

I'm running my setup in a "79" Chevrolet k-20 single cab pick up truck. It hits hard. Real hard. I think its the right cabin volume for the speakers I'm running.

Cars get louder with the windows down. Some get even louder with the doors open. Mine hits real hard with windows down, but doesn't hit as hard with the doors open. That is what I mean by perfect cabin volume for the subs I am running.

4 RE8's ported?? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

i can attest to those RE8s. By far one of the best bang for the buck less than $50. the output is amazing. I just put one in a crappy sealed box and low and behold! Bass //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif

We got a few people thinking they were at least 2 10's or 2 12's of some sort ahaha. I can't imagine 4 of them ported with gobs of power. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eek.gif.771b7a90cf45cabdc554ff1121c21c4a.gif

Ok I know these arent on your list but check out 2 12" Infinity Perfects. My friend has two in a sealed truck box and he sets off car alarms with it with ease. They will prolly sound better than those CompVR's

ok thanks for all the responses. cant find the rec. sealed box dimensions for the shivas so could someone help me out there. the most airspace i can give each sub is about 1.2 cu.ft. each. would the shiva perform well with that. not so sure about those 4 8's though i mean i'm sure they are good and all but c'mon.no way they could take some 12's.i'm sure whatever setup i get it would murder these **** sony's i got now. ( 7 mm xmax ....lmao!!!!! compared to the shivas 16.5)

Try 12mm xmax one way on those RE8s. I have 2 ported with 200 watts on each and few people have guested right as to what they are hearing. 4 ported would just be sick loud for 8s.

i mean i'm sure they are good and all but c'mon.no way they could take some 12's.)
The reason they hit so hard is their amazing excursion capabilities. However, if you can get a pair of Comp VR's or some other subs with decent excursion, the twelves have about 25 sq. inches more surface area than 4 8" RE's.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.