Best receiver for iPod connection?

ace7733
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
USA
What's the best receiver for iPod connection? All my speakers are stock //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif so I don't need a lot of features, main thing is just real fast iPod control, no lag.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif enough with the one word replies

if you aren't going to be helpful, why even bother replying? trying to raise your post count?

what model?I was looking at the IDA-X001 but saw some reports that it was glitchy

I dont really like it, I work at best buy and everyone thinks its so "pimp"

I think every unit needs to play CD's the X001 doesnt. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

I dont really like it, I work at best buy and everyone thinks its so "pimp"
I think every unit needs to play CD's the X001 doesnt. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif
yeah the X001 is retarded. Lets make a radio that looks neat but charge people out the ass to have basic functions like a CD player.
yeah I was thinking of going by BB and seeing if they have one on displaywhat don't you like about it other than the lack of CD playing?

yeah I was thinking of going by BB and seeing if they have one on displaywhat don't you like about it other than the lack of CD playing?

I personally don't like the hugs ass knob i the middle of the unit. Only half of the face is detachable, the screen stays put. Kind of pointless if you ask me.

For ipod use, go with alpine. Although I have no personal experience with alpine, I have seen other's on youtube, and have read about it and I promise it will be much nicer.

I have the pioneer 5900IB and although the ipod is great, because it charges, the scrolling and finding artists is horrible. I have over 3000 songs, and many artists and it takes forever to scroll through and find what i want. For that reason I find myself making playlists of my favorite bands just so that I have less to scroll through. That *****. Also, it does not remember the band you were in, so say you scroll to the middle of the artists, 2 mins down. and you pick a song, then you want to turn it up. You exit the screen and turn it up, then want to go to a different artist by that one...you have to go through all of them again to get there.

soo...Go with alpine!

For ipod use, go with alpine. Although I have no personal experience with alpine, I have seen other's on youtube, and have read about it and I promise it will be much nicer.
I have the pioneer 5900IB and although the ipod is great, because it charges, the scrolling and finding artists is horrible. I have over 3000 songs, and many artists and it takes forever to scroll through and find what i want. For that reason I find myself making playlists of my favorite bands just so that I have less to scroll through. That *****. Also, it does not remember the band you were in, so say you scroll to the middle of the artists, 2 mins down. and you pick a song, then you want to turn it up. You exit the screen and turn it up, then want to go to a different artist by that one...you have to go through all of them again to get there.

soo...Go with alpine!
2x, what he said

crutchfield has the 9885 on sale at with a free KCE-422i cableI'm tempted
me too i think thats what im going to go with since i just got myself an ipod for christmas!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.