Best Quality Speakers

theone

Canada
What are the best quality speakers for the buck? I am looking at getting Focal Access speakers. I need 6.5 I want to get component in the front and coaxal in the back. What do you guys recomend? I am thinking of getting a 4 channel Van Goh amplifier to power them.

I am having trouple picking the right speakers so i would want your help. Something where I will never need to upgrade for a while and something that would be competition.

Thanks,

Budged is around $500-600 for just the incar speakers alone. But I also want to know if the amplifier is good enough to run them. I sent a link below to what amp I am thinking of getting. I heard they are sopose to be nice amps at good prices.

Link to ebay for amp

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I was in the same spot you were a few weeks ago. I could not decide between the CDT ES-620s up front or the MB Quart QSD-216s. So I did what any car audio freak with too much expendable income would.... I ordered both. I am still doing drilling/welding/etc in my car so I have not had a chance to mount them in car. Right now I am powering them off of my in home THX receiver with them mounted on a board in my living room (single guys do not have a SAF to worry about) and HOLY **** are the QSD-216s amazing. You do not need coaxials in the back at all. If I had that Van Gogh amp I would bridge it out to 2 channels for a pair of the QSDs up front and tune it back to around 250 watts RMS (unless you are deaf and would actually crank it up to max, then tune it back to 170watts per channel). The CDT ES-620s are OK speakers, but my ears cannot handle the crossover on them. Things gets mushy in the middle and they do not have the clarity of the QSDs. Even with the system mounted on a board in my living room I absolutely lose myself in the QSDs. I can put a CD in and listen to the entire thing without ever asking myself the question "was that in the source or was that the speakers breaking up?". I could not get that with the CDTs. I am still planning on mounting both sets in my car. I will give each of them a week of break in and a week of critical listening..... I am already terribly biased towards the QSDs, though :p

I was in the same spot you were a few weeks ago. I could not decide between the CDT ES-620s up front or the MB Quart QSD-216s. So I did what any car audio freak with too much expendable income would.... I ordered both. I am still doing drilling/welding/etc in my car so I have not had a chance to mount them in car. Right now I am powering them off of my in home THX receiver with them mounted on a board in my living room (single guys do not have a SAF to worry about) and HOLY **** are the QSD-216s amazing. You do not need coaxials in the back at all. If I had that Van Gogh amp I would bridge it out to 2 channels for a pair of the QSDs up front and tune it back to around 250 watts RMS (unless you are deaf and would actually crank it up to max, then tune it back to 170watts per channel). The CDT ES-620s are OK speakers, but my ears cannot handle the crossover on them. Things gets mushy in the middle and they do not have the clarity of the QSDs. Even with the system mounted on a board in my living room I absolutely lose myself in the QSDs. I can put a CD in and listen to the entire thing without ever asking myself the question "was that in the source or was that the speakers breaking up?". I could not get that with the CDTs. I am still planning on mounting both sets in my car. I will give each of them a week of break in and a week of critical listening..... I am already terribly biased towards the QSDs, though :p

cdt need lots of break in time before they play like they should

look into diamond audio hex components..........i have them running off a van gogh amp pushing 125 watts rms to each pair and they sound amazing.... loud and warm with a good amount of mid bass........all depends on what you want.... i got them for 325 shipped and for that price they compete with speakers double that..... check them out...

I have a set of DA hexes sitting in a box in the closet right now =(

I have been breaking in the CDTs for 15 hours now at home. The distortion I heard at first is all but gone. Looks like it is going to be a good shootout between these two speakers. The DAs are already out of the game (I had them in my last install and they never played to the clarity I expected from them)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.