Best ported box?

Great idea, those are nice subwoofers and ported is the way to go for a lot of applications.

Can you be specific about what competition you intend to do?

35 is a good middle ground. If you dont listen to alot of decaf and slowed stuff, you could probably go up to 37 for a little more bump in output

Hi, I am going to buy two pioneer w3003d4 and build a box. I want a bass to where the music is till audible but is good for a competition. I have heard 35hz is the best to tune at but some say 32hz. Need some advice.
whats up my pioneer brother (funny thing is I have 04 grand prix lol, look at my gallery) mine is tuned at 35 with 930rms in 1.65 cf ad box it's loud.. I had 1.8 cf for 2 months tuned at 38 to break sub in seemed like it needed more air when I 1st got it (in case u don't know 3003 has 2 spiders so I guess they real tight at 1st) so I suggest a 1.6-1.75 cf ad box but tht depends on how much power u running to if u only have like 500rms then u may need 1.85 cf ad or so if u running 750-1k 1.5-1.65 cf ad.. tuning depends on what u care about 1 if u listen to rock like me 37-42hz also good for comps but if u listen to deep bass rap or play techno bass tracks (or whatever u kids call them) 28-32 that's y he said and y I have 35hz cause I'm in between decent sq and plenty loud 35-37hz but I don't compete.. honestly if u really care about winning u need 2 boxes or round ports u can switch out like tragik (look u his box 1 15 4k rms he wins 2 trophys per week I heard it 1 time) his comp port is tuned to 46 hz he does almost 151 with 1 sub in a Honda civic nd he's adding another sub now..

Thanks for the advice guys! Now how about the blueprints for a box?
unless someone else jumps in here i can give u dimensions for it, i did 1 for 2 of them yrs ago later had 2 e designs in it and sold it few month back with 2 orion hp's., look in my gallery the one with 2 black subs., i'll just make port little bigger if it'll fit in car.. what amp are u gonna be using/how much power? whats max height u got like 15.5" or so (measure at trunk lid opening too cause thats usually a tight spot)

Thanks for the advice guys! Now how about the blueprints for a box?
ok i got 38w x15h x19d (thats with 1.5" thick front baffle) u can go to 18"d.. 4"w port 13.5" h (54sq in port 3x bigger than my single sub) x22" long will tune to 37 hz, port comes out of front and goes across back of box like 1 in my gallery.. gives u 3.58cf ad (even after sub disp.) 1.79 cf per sub (if u gonna run 800-1k per sub should make box a tad smaller to prevent sub bottoming out) if u gonna run 400-600per sub it'll work great..

Hi, I am going to buy two pioneer w3003d4 and build a box. I want a bass to where the music is till audible but is good for a competition. I have heard 35hz is the best to tune at but some say 32hz. Need some advice.
also hope u getting subs ebay $70 each, dont let some shop tell u they not the same sub or some crap..

Someone needs to torture test a 3003 and see what it can handle. You having any issue with yours on the ppi 1k?
it smells some (but in it's defense some of the techno bass tracks i play are called things like "melted coils" and such) it'll take 800 if someone had a good 1500 amp 2-4 of them (with 750rms each) in a good ported box with a high tune (40hz) could emabarress some peeps at a comp.. it's crazy loud u wouldn't believe it only cost $70 taking 900rms, if i paid $300 i'd be like yeah it sounds good but for $70 it freak'in amazing, i'd like to hear same sub just with 1" wider port.. i keep looking at other subs but no matter what i get i doubt it be louder and probably have to get bigger box made (for the rest of the 12's in my small $ ballpark) for them to as loud or maybe 10% louder.. y i was looking at that b2 takes small box like dc but has stitched cone like E but the e bstock is $95 don't know about $180 4 b2 i can basically get bstock cab ultra or sa for that..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.