Best port location?

Participant count
  • Participant list

SunUpNeverdown

Support starving audiophiles in America
I have 2 ideas for port and subwoofer location. Tell me which is better for sound quality and spl and output. Subwoofer on the front and port on the front both firing towards the outside of the trunk? Or subwoofer on top and port on the front? Subwoofer is a sundown zv5 15 and the box would be tuned to 32 hz. and 4.25 cubic feet after displacement. Recommend specs.

A ton of different dependencies here but from my experience, Sub facing rearward with port facing same direction provides the most amount of "felt" output. I have never competed though, so IDK if anyone with more experience. BITD I played with 2 ported MTX Thunders and facing rearward was always the best output.

A ton of different dependencies here but from my experience, Sub facing rearward with port facing same direction provides the most amount of "felt" output. I have never competed though, so IDK if anyone with more experience. BITD I played with 2 ported MTX Thunders and facing rearward was always the best output.
That’s what another guy told me too. I was just checking in with y’all before I made a move. Thank u!

sub and port firing back or sub firing back and port firing out the side toward the passenger side gives me good results for a trunk install. Haven’t metered the difference though

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.