best place to get a Viper 791XV?

JarvisB
10+ year member

JarvisB
MI/DC
I ve been looking around for an alarm.. I am a noob when it comes to alarms but I think I did more than enough research and 791XV sounds like a promising product..

But I have yet find a good place to get a 791XV for good price so any suggestions where I should look into?

i got my viper alarm from best buy and installed it myself. it has the 2 way pager remotes and remote start or whatever but i got it for like 125.00

i got my viper alarm from best buy and installed it myself. it has the 2 way pager remotes and remote start or whatever but i got it for like 125.00
must be the lower end model..

I am not sure about which alarm I want now- Viper 791XV or Viper 5901

I also have the 791 two way and it is the only thing in my truck that i had someone else install. I bought my alram at circuitcity and then i took it to a high end car shop to have it installed. they specialized in security for all kinds of crazy high end cars so i figured if anyone was going to do a great job it would be them.

cost me an arm and a leg but the install is BEAUTIFUL I even know every detail about my alarm and it would take me atleast 10 min to shut the **** thing down if it went off without the remotes. pizos, extra batterys, dual horns, dummy brains all black wires, factory horn, lights, the **** truck looses its mind when the alarm goes off lol

Yeah I was going to have a shop do it.. I dont trust myself enough to do an alarm install unless I have an instructor

Now I think I want the 5901, it got few more features and I like the remote from 5901 better..

Might be buying myself one of those next month and have it installed by a shop as well

all black wires is a good idea....
it was really neat to watch them put this thing in. In short they made a custom harness with all black wires. Nothing they did seemed "normal" and the goal was to make it nearly impossible to disabled the alarm without a ton of knowledge about the install. if someone wants my stuff bad enough they are going to get it that’s just how it goes. At least i know it wont be some amateur just walking by one day

how much did the install cost you?
a bit over 600 bucks

They even REMOVED my whole dash to install the brains and pizos. Then they removed a ton of engine parts to install one of the sirens in the middle of the block area. i can hardly see it let alone tamper with it.

put a metal housing around the second siren along with a large back up battery and alittle digital display that goes in the truck showing me the battery is still operational

glass triggers, perimeter triggers, shock, the only thing i have not put on it is the cell phone alert system. I basically told them i wanted the truck to be a vault lol. considering the cost of my crap it is WAY over kill but i had MUCH bigger plans at the time.

the really sad part is when i drive my truck it is almost never out of sight. at my office it is parked right outside my window and at home it is parked about 3 feet from the bedroom window. waste of money really but made me feel better

500 bucks excluding the cost of the alarm system itself?

If so then **** maybe I better hold my alarm system plans off until I have more than 500 to shell out..

I dont want to install it myself so..

500 bucks excluding the cost of the alarm system itself?
If so then **** maybe I better hold my alarm system plans off until I have more than 500 to shell out..

I dont want to install it myself so..
no bro a normal install wont cost more then around 250.00.

my install was not a normal install.

alright man I got you now..

where do I get different modules to add to the 6 channel that viper 791xv provides?

what kind of modules are out there? I am curious so I can know which one I would like to add, etc.

alright man I got you now..
where do I get different modules to add to the 6 channel that viper 791xv provides?

what kind of modules are out there? I am curious so I can know which one I would like to add, etc.

most shops have them. there are glass sensors, extra shock sensors, perimeter sensors. i'm sure there are others btu those are the main ones people use.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.