Best place to buy Alpine 9831?

Dude, you posted in the middle of the night (my time). Give it atleast a day before the sarcastic remarks begin //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

Where to buy? Try these places first: http://direct.where2getit.com/cwc/apps/w2gi.php?sid=41b5ca5abcf96&client=alpine&template=locator_us&postalcode=&country=&product=&address=&city=Fort+Worth&state=TX&postalcodeus=&postalcodeca=

Authorized > Ebay

And as far as I know, Crutchfield is the only authorized online dealer. And don't just walk into those places, look at the price tag and go "Wow, that's way too much".....haggle with them on the price. I bet you can come pretty close to ebay prices.

I bought my 9830 off ebay. Have had no problems with it or anything else I got there. I saw where Crutchfield ran a special for $50 off around Thanksgiving. I may would have done that if they had that deal at the time.

Etronics will not state if a warranty will be honored by alpine. They say manufacturers may choose to decline warranties when the product is purchased from a discount seller. They are not an authorized re-seller from what I read. Since they won't give a yes or no answer to the warranty question, I would assume alpine would not honor a warranty. But again, that is an assumption.

I say go with ebay, that's what I did. For me, warranties are too much hassle anyway unless I can physically walk into the store and exchange a defective product.

Just my $.02

I would try an authorized dealer first. Nothing ***** worst than having one of the most important pieces of your system fail on you and you have no recourse. I got my 9835 from an authorized dealer when the first came out for $385 flat. That's not too much more than eBay and I have a full warranty from Alpine IMO it's worth the extra $.

I would try an authorized dealer first. Nothing ***** worst than having one of the most important pieces of your system fail on you and you have no recourse. I got my 9835 from an authorized dealer when the first came out for $385 flat. That's not too much more than eBay and I have a full warranty from Alpine IMO it's worth the extra $.
Which authorized dealer?

Dude, you posted in the middle of the night (my time). Give it atleast a day before the sarcastic remarks begin //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif
I posted up that because many of my other threads asking for help that have been up for numerous days have not been replied to. Even though it would show lets say 20-50 people read the post. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/nono.gif.eca61d170185779e0921b0faa9704973.gif

Where to buy? Try these places first: http://direct.where2getit.com/cwc/apps/w2gi.php?sid=41b5ca5abcf96&client=alpine&template=locator_us&postalcode=&country=&product=&address=&city=Fort+Worth&state=TX&postalcodeus=&postalcodeca=

Authorized > Ebay

And as far as I know, Crutchfield is the only authorized online dealer. And don't just walk into those places, look at the price tag and go "Wow, that's way too much".....haggle with them on the price. I bet you can come pretty close to ebay prices.
The local people in my area are not doing any price haggling at all. They are all set firm on the $399 price for the 9831. I have never used an Alpine warranty before and I've had 5 head units from them. I'm mainly worried that it would be defective when I received it, then I would have no recourse against the seller.

Which authorized dealer?

Go to http://www.alpine-usa.com/ and then click on dealer locater. That will pop up the dealers in your area who are authorized to sell Alpine products. Call/go in to each and haggle and get them to start beating each others prices. It will take a little work but it's well worth it. I saved myself over $150 off of retail when I bought my HU by doing this.

Go to http://www.alpine-usa.com/ and then click on dealer locater. That will pop up the dealers in your area who are authorized to sell Alpine products. Call/go in to each and haggle and get them to start beating each others prices. It will take a little work but it's well worth it. I saved myself over $150 off of retail when I bought my HU by doing this.
Those are all of the places I've already checked.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crying.gif.ec0ebefe590df0251476573bc49e46d8.gif

I couldn't get any place to budge on price where I live. That's why I used ebay. To me, it was a small chance. I was confident I wouldn't need a warranty with the alpine. Unless you need it right now, some place may lower the price some when the new models come out.

I couldn't get any place to budge on price where I live. That's why I used ebay. To me, it was a small chance. I was confident I wouldn't need a warranty with the alpine. Unless you need it right now, some place may lower the price some when the new models come out.

When are the new models expected to come out?

When are the new models expected to come out?
You'll see info on them either at the end of the month or sometime in January but they wont' start releasing the new low end's until march/april and the high ends until june/july.

****, you guys **** //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif I ain't never had to pay retail at my local shops...LOL

Anyways, you can try your luck at seeing if crutchfield will pricematch an unauthorized dealer, or atleast cut the price some. If you ask sounddomain (who unfortunately doesn't carry Alpine), and they don't price match they'll usually atleast discount the price for you some. Problem with ebay is that there is no way to guaranty that you truly are getting a NIB item (regardless of what the auction says).

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.