Best place for box design.

Participant count
  • Participant list
If it was mine I'd cut the baffle to see how it looks...(use cardboard to get the floor contour right)... and see how much the seat will be raised (subs forward btw)... then mask the floor and fab the sides, rear and bottom pieces in using hot glue and a small amount of fiberglass (the bottom might have a bunch of pieces btw)... then remove it and use Styrofoam popcorn to measure the volume with the top off... Then finish glassing the pieces to strengthen the enclosure before side porting it using the volume you came up with...(round port)... at that point I'd check fit one more time before closing the top... make sure any bracing (port or top panel is in before using the Styrofoam popcorn to get volume... reinstall the seat and use spacers to raise it to wherever the box sits (try to match the seat angle when setting all the pieces in and fabbing them together when you just initally fiberglass it and hot glue it)... that's why people pay shops to do these underseat boxes... but it CAN be done... that's how I'd do it anyways... and someone else has a better way I'm sure... I've seen CNC cut pieces used for these types of enclosures!.. anyways once I knew my volume THEN I'd port it as low as I could up to 31hz... put some grilles on those 10's for the kids feet... carpet the thing and power it up... simple huh?

That's just me... I like projects... lol

Sorry... didn't mean to scare ya'... lol

Oh... and BTW when the seat's out you might as well mat the rear cabin wall under the window while its accessible... that's a real bad spot for flex and it'll be something I'd do for sure... I'm about minimizing flex if I can... it increases SPL and lowers the noise floor... and matting the roof/back wall is something I'd recommend anyways... ok... I'm done finally... lol

Didnt scare me at all, i just dont have the time to do something like that why fiberglass? Im not looking for competition loudness just loud enough to **** people off
Just to get as close to the maximum airspace out of a complex curved floor I'd use a bunch of little pieces glassed in to attain the most volume I could... I'd do all fiberglass if I wanted the absolute max btw... it would take me 2-3 days to get it all done... I did one that was all fiberglass on the bottom... boy what an ordeal...a week!.. lol... 5 layers of heavy mat later I was satisfied... and it sounded good too.. but hey, I'm VERY picky

And like I said... others will do it differently I'm sure

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.