Best line converter/DSP

go dsp, never line out convertor.
X2 on that^ With today's offerings of DSPs, Theres no good reason not to choose a DSP option. An Audiocontrol LOC may save you $100 now, But the much Inferior sound will plague you for years lol.

The Helix is the top unit in certain respects right now. If thats out of your price range, Id look at the Zapco DSP IV Units----& they have a good GUI & decent toolbox available to use. The Zapco 12 & 16ch units with the Music Hard drive onboard & wifi are supposed to be super awesome--But I havent tried one yet.

When I replaced my OEM vehicle stereo, my plan was to initially replace the OEM amplifier, then the head unit at a later time, as-shown in this topic.

That interim solution used a Scosche SLC4 Line Output Converter. I retired the LOC when I installed the aftermarket head unit.

The advantage of this staged installation was that it permitted conducting a concurrent evaluation of both audio connection types. I ran the system w/ the fronts using speaker level output through the converter and the rear using line level output. FWIW, I was unable to detect any difference in the audio between the front speakers, speaker-level output though the converter, to the rear speakers, line-level output.

X2 on that^ With today's offerings of DSPs, Theres no good reason not to choose a DSP option. An Audiocontrol LOC may save you $100 now, But the much Inferior sound will plague you for years lol.
The Helix is the top unit in certain respects right now. If thats out of your price range, Id look at the Zapco DSP IV Units----& they have a good GUI & decent toolbox available to use. The Zapco 12 & 16ch units with the Music Hard drive onboard & wifi are supposed to be super awesome--But I havent tried one yet.
I see a lot of the DSPs use computer interface to tune... I looked "kind of" hard at the Rockford 360.3 and seemed like way too many people had nothing but headaches trying to get it to load...

Do any of the DSPs interface well with an IPad? Seems much more manageable. I'm sure the software is on CD rom...?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I see a lot of the DSPs use computer interface to tune... I looked "kind of" hard at the Rockford 360.3 and seemed like way too many people had nothing but headaches trying to get it to load...Do any of the DSPs interface well with an IPad? Seems much more manageable. I'm sure the software is on CD rom...?

rockford DSR-1 bluetooth app controlled DSP. Download rockford perfect tune app on the playstore or apple store and play around with it and see how you like it. BTW its only 250 dollars for the DSR-1

soo much sh*t you can do on your smartphone lol.. you'll first want to go to setup, device setup and config wizard and choose either RCA inputs or high level speaker inputs then proceed to your speaker setup, then you can start tuning on the audio options screen. No you dont have to connect it to the unit to play around with the app.

rockford DSR-1 bluetooth app controlled DSP. Download rockford perfect tune app on the playstore or apple store and play around with it and see how you like it. BTW its only 250 dollars for the DSR-1

soo much sh*t you can do on your smartphone lol.. you'll first want to go to setup, device setup and config wizard and choose either RCA inputs or high level speaker inputs then proceed to your speaker setup, then you can start tuning on the audio options screen. No you dont have to connect it to the unit to play around with the app.
Nice! Thanks.

Man, that DSR1 has me confused... it sounds exactly like the 360.3 but way better because it also has Bluetooth so it can be tuned with an iPad.... for $250...

But a 360.3 is $599...

What am I missing here?

What I mean is how can the superior product be so much less expensive... what is the difference?

Man, that DSR1 has me confused... it sounds exactly like the 360.3 but way better because it also has Bluetooth so it can be tuned with an iPad.... for $250...But a 360.3 is $599...

What am I missing here?

What I mean is how can the superior product be so much less expensive... what is the difference?

idk its blowing my brains lol. It basically just released last month. New technology and good price point, looks like rockford is just making a move to dominate the DSP/factory OEM integration market right now more than anything.

The only thing the 360.3 has over it is the ability to individually set crossover points and slopes for the left and right side. Which is basically nitpicking at best... You really dont need that feature, most of the times the crossover points are the same for both left and right mid/midbass/tweeter. The actual Digital audio convertors used in the unit might be better as well for the 360.3 but the dsr-1 should be no slouch either.

The left and right independent EQ can pick up the slack easily.

So yeah right now its a hot boner item for sure.. My buddy just got his in the mail ordered two days ago, we gonna install and play with it soon.

22119111_1892108334149406_929647262_n.jpg

It says it can't be used as a standalone DSP.

Important*Note:*This Rockford Fosgate processor must be used with the iDatalink vehicle-specific*harness. It will not operate as a stand-alone processor.

I wonder if you can get around that.

Sent from my John Kuthe can eat a **** and **** off back to nambla with the rest of the kid touching perverts

It says it can't be used as a standalone DSP.
Important*Note:*This Rockford Fosgate processor must be used with the iDatalink vehicle-specific*harness. It will not operate as a stand-alone processor.

I wonder if you can get around that.

Sent from my John Kuthe can eat a **** and **** off back to nambla with the rest of the kid touching perverts
No That is false you can use speaker level or low level inputs. Its exactly like every other processor but it has the ability to also connect via datalink maestro.

Here's a video of me running through the software and possible setups.

Last edited by a moderator:
Id seriously advise you get a good head unit. i love my JVC. i installed a processor and its ALOT of work and take alot of time and knon how.

getting baseline graphs and tons of trial and error. your are MUCH better off with a SIMPLE unit with some builtin DSP like the JVC i have, Im going to give the processsor a shot as the EQ between the drivers helped with my focus it doesn't quite sound as natural.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.