Best lightest weight way to seal door holes?

Hey guys so my doors have ginormous holes right next to the speaker location so obviously I want to seal those so I can make it more of an enclosure for my door speakers but my car is more if a track car then anything else so I'm trying to avoid using 3/4" wood or something that's going to add a farely reasonable amount of weight. So what's the best way I can seal those holes that won't add a sh*t ton of weight. Can I put sound deadener over the holes? I know that's going to add a fair amount of weight but I've decided I can deal with the gains of deadening the doors for the weight gain.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

Carbon fiber.

If you can bear a little extra weight I've seen guys use thin plexiglass. No wrong answer here. Anything somewhat rigid will block those holes.

Are these holes in the door panel themselves or the actual car door itself?
I used 4" aluminum tape with painted on GT Liqidamp... some 1/8 Medite (pegboard type material without the holes) to close the big gaps then coated that too... just an idea... works pretty well...

lUhAolH.jpg

It added some weight but not too much...

I used 4" aluminum tape with painted on GT Liqidamp... some 1/8 Medite (pegboard type material without the holes) to close the big gaps then coated that too... just an idea... works pretty well...
lUhAolH.jpg

It added some weight but not too much...
That seat handle doe...my s10 drivers side is broken off. Was like that when I bought it. Read up online those are notorious for breaking. I still have it but the metal mechanism is what I need to replace it.

Is welding a light weight metal across a option like aluminum? Could do a layer of 80 mill over that.
The only problem with that is I have a grand prix which is notorious for broken window regulators. So I've changed both window regulators twice in the past year and a half. So it would have to still be. Somewhat easily accessible.

---------- Post added at 04:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:26 AM ----------

If I could just do it with some fat mat or nvx mat whatever that would be great, I just wasn't sure if it would work.

hispls is right, rigidity is the key. You don't need 3/4" wood to seal door panel holes, 3/8" or even 1/4" would be plenty. You can go with more exotic materials like plastics or carbon fiber if the few ounces difference over wood concerns you.

Hey guys I was going to pick up some sound deadener stuff and I'm looking for best reasonable cost stuff. Preferably something amazon sells since I have a 115$ credit there. There's "noico" "Fat Mat" "NVX mat" and the super expensive dynamat.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.