Best HT Sub?

qtipextra
5,000+ posts

The Original
Looking for a great sub to run a ported setup, less then $200 for the sub, please. Power doesn't matter, i'll look for power after I get the driver.

Since I haven't been around in a long time, I am kinda out of the loop. I was thinking of picking up a single 12" RE SE for my application.

What tuning should I be using for HT? I was thinking 22-25hz somewhere?

Let me know your opinions and what is out there today that is really good.

For your price point and purpose, this driver is almost unbeatable. It works well in virtually any enclosure but shines in 6 to 8 cu.ft. tuned to about 15 to 18Hz. Sounds beautiful with music and movies, and doesn't require it's own circuit to be powered.

Parts-Express.com:

For your price point and purpose, this driver is almost unbeatable. It works well in virtually any enclosure but shines in 6 to 8 cu.ft. tuned to about 15 to 18Hz. Sounds beautiful with music and movies, and doesn't require it's own circuit to be powered.
Parts-Express.com:
Completely forgot about those Dayton RS subs. Definitely an awesome choice.

Completely forgot about those Dayton RS subs. Definitely an awesome choice.
Yeah, total sleepers. I'm a loyal TC guy but let's face it, very few people want to pay the ******** prices for the new ones, and the used ones are getting harder to find in good condition. Sometimes, knowing that you got a helluva deal can outweigh anything else and the Dayton is a steal for the performance it provides.

Funky Pup, kills the lows in a 3ft^3 box tuned to -11hz...good luck finding enough power for it though.
Umm... yeah. They kill the lows AND everyone else who is lucky enough to hear the angelic sound of negative 11Hz just before their insides are liquefied and spread like manure. Duh.

Parts-Express.com:
I'm really tempted on one of those. 7 cb ft tuned about 18 hz?

Parts-Express.com:
Hey OP I have the 12" version of that sub sitting new in box if your interested in buying it from me //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Specs

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.