Best Head Unit Groudn

Savackz

CarAudio.com Elite
GA
I have some suttle engine noise coming from my tweeters and I have already changed out RCAs and everything and need the best head unit ground location. I have tried spots behind the unit, but it never worked. Any other suggetions?

If can can find some metal behind the cage works, if u already grounded the deck I suspect u hot swapped rca's be fore that. Do u have ur ground,power,and rca's close to each other

I had the same problem, I ran a 12g ground line from my front batt terminal to the hu, still had the problem so I grounded the RCA's and it 95% went away, need to ground the back RCA's next but I've been lazy

I had the same problem, I ran a 12g ground line from my front batt terminal to the hu, still had the problem so I grounded the RCA's and it 95% went away, need to ground the back RCA's next but I've been lazy
Might try grounding RCAs at the 360.2 but there is noise with only the RCAs plugged into the HU so either I need to ground the RCA'S to the cage better or provide a better ground for the HU itself.

Update: Regrounded the head unit, didn't help. Unplugged all of the RCAs and there is still noise. I unplugged them at the HU, amp, and 3sixty.2 inputs and outputs. What the heck???

Update: Regrounded the head unit, didn't help. Unplugged all of the RCAs and there is still noise. I unplugged them at the HU, amp, and 3sixty.2 inputs and outputs. What the heck???
Does the tweeters whine more as you rev the engine? Check to see if your amp ground is the best it could be. Make sure it's nice and tight, not loose at all when you try to wiggle it. No paint, just metal. I had the same thing happened to me before and went out of my way to make a better ground for headunit and only thing that worked was to recheck the grounds and redo it if possible. I think it may be quieter if you ground it back to the up to the front battery along with good big 3 wiring.

Does the tweeters whine more as you rev the engine? Check to see if your amp ground is the best it could be. Make sure it's nice and tight, not loose at all when you try to wiggle it. No paint, just metal. I had the same thing happened to me before and went out of my way to make a better ground for headunit and only thing that worked was to recheck the grounds and redo it if possible. I think it may be quieter if you ground it back to the up to the front battery along with good big 3 wiring.
The tweeters aren't even hooked up. The two channel doesn't even have power, nor is it plugged into the speaker inputs. I am going to reground my rear batteries and am trying to figure out the best way to ground my head unit and the best placement because the ones I have used behind the HU haven't been the best so far.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.