Best glue for carpet to plastic?

Participant count
  • Participant list

BassAddictJ
5,000+ posts

CarAudio.com Veteran
FL
i have some carpeted door pods. I plan on putting another layer of carpet over the edge of the pods over to the door panal to cover the small gaps here or there bwteen the two.

What is the best kind of glue for the carpet to plastic joint? ideally something affordable and available at home depot or lowes.

Look at the 3M line at either store and check the tubes for applications.Make sure to rough up the plastic with sand paper to aid in the adhesion.

Look at the 3M line at either store and check the tubes for applications.Make sure to rough up the plastic with sand paper to aid in the adhesion.
3m77 or 99 will work and do like he said and rough up the plastic. Also make sure you clean the plastic part thoroughly to remove any residual armor all,grease, oil or anything of the like //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

definitly doing some roughing.

they had some locktite 2 part expoxy made for plastics on sale so i picked up some of that (hadnt seen yalls posts yet). we'll see how that goes...

do not buy the 3m ****. its beyond over priced!!!!!

do you have a autozone close by? they have a GREAT bottle of spray glue for about $6. has a white cap and orange body. chk it out. good stuff on the cheaps to

3M spray adhesive works with lots of different materials and works well. Cover both surfaces to be mated and wait for a minute or so until it gets a little sticky. Some of the other spray adhesives do not work as well. Only problem with these adhesive cans is when not being used the nozzle gets clogged so you have to pull out the dried glue.

I covered my kick pods with exterior cabinet cloth and 3M did the trick.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.