Best for spl

gumby688
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
ok finishing up a new box for my explorer it has a cabin peak of 46 hz tuned the box to 35.5 hz. Where am I gonna see my best spl at both for burps and music (new format for scoring is 1st run burps and second run 30 sec music avg then added together) somewhere in the middle of 35.5 and 46 maybe like 40hz?

I think 40 would be okj I always thought that 50hz was better for spl to avoid speaker damage but I dont do competions so I figured I'd give opinion but as far experience with it Im sure if you give it a little bit some one will guide you.

you can't just guess. you need to do a sweep on a TL and find where it peaks. then burp at that freq and a few cycles above and below it to find your loudest freq. then find a song that has 30+ seconds of that freq

if you dont have a meter to work with and go to the comp i would try 44-45-46-HZ burps in the 30 second. If it a 2x or 3x event use track #4 on the TNESPL disc- you have to use it anyway on those events. What show are you going to? are you in rookie 1 or 2?

your kind of a know-it-all prick aint ya
Not at all......just stating facts .go to a **** event and get there early and clinic ...clinic.is.free if.ur.a member do a full sweep find ur peak ..and burp a few tones above and below it then for ur music avg jus find a song with ur peak freq.

if you dont have a meter to work with and go to the comp i would try 44-45-46-HZ burps in the 30 second. If it a 2x or 3x event use track #4 on the TNESPL disc- you have to use it anyway on those events. What show are you going to? are you in rookie 1 or 2?
Will be at the show on may 5th in New Bedford,MA with 6 12's I will be in rookie 2 I think.

Will be at the show on may 5th in New Bedford,MA with 6 12's I will be in rookie 2 I think.

Subs, box, and vehicle will all come into play. Assuming you're set on subs, you should model them out in a box and see where various tunings put your peak. Assuming your box is already made and you're not changing subs right away, the best you can do is meter some test tones and see what does best.

I'll have that RF built up by this weekend, if you want to swing up to Wilton, we can do some metering this weekend and you can pick it up.

Subs, box, and vehicle will all come into play. Assuming you're set on subs, you should model them out in a box and see where various tunings put your peak. Assuming your box is already made and you're not changing subs right away, the best you can do is meter some test tones and see what does best.
I'll have that RF built up by this weekend, if you want to swing up to Wilton, we can do some metering this weekend and you can pick it up.
Oh you have a tl or something? that would be sweet PM me what I owe ya on that rebuild and I will try to make it up there this weekend.

Oh you have a tl or something? that would be sweet PM me what I owe ya on that rebuild and I will try to make it up there this weekend.
I have a meter and WT3 (for doing impedance sweeps and TS parameters). Gotta get to work now, TTYL

no, you cant have 6- 12s in rookie, you will be in like woofercooker 3, i think. you will be burping. anyway though i shall see you there. Im in rookie 1 this season with one of hispls sigs and a 20.1.

no, you cant have 6- 12s in rookie, you will be in like woofercooker 3, i think. you will be burping. anyway though i shall see you there. Im in rookie 1 this season with one of hispls sigs and a 20.1.
This is true. Cone area for amateur in NESPL maxes out @ 360" ^2. By the way, what coil do we have in that 12 of yours? Dual 1.4 or 2.8?

yeah thought I may have little too much for rookie with 6 12's and 4k watts
Yep. Limit is 3 12's and 2KW and odds are you won't keep the box under the window line so you'll be right up in Pro no-wall

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.