Best Double Din of 09'

silverstar11909
10+ year member

so cal
Hows its going everyone?

back on the forums and looking to start a new build, just sold my car with my system so on to the next one.

What does everyone think of this past years HU's or even maybe a few coming out soon, price is not an issue

I am considering the alpine w505 but alot of people seem to like the kenwoods and pioneers.

thanks for your input, and if by chance someone has a couple minutes out of there day to help me setup my new project,

I would greatly appreciate it

Thanks,

Andrew

The new alpine 905. It hasnt been released yet but I got a sneak peak and dear god this thing is amazing. We installed plenty of alpine 505's at the shop but this thing is incredible. Look into it if you have a chance

I had a w505. It was stolen and I replaced it with a F90bt. Before I received the Pioneer I kinda felt like it would be a downgrade, but I like it better than the Alpine. You can navigate through a Ipod faster with the Pioneer. You can also go back where you left off and don't have to start back at the A's, like with Alpine. The Alpine will have better Sq. The Pioneer Navigation is good. The bluetooth is clear as a bell so far. No one said I sounded like I was in a tunnel. Album art is clearer than w505. The Alpine looks clearer than the Pioneer when playing dvds. I couldn't play ipod video on the Alpine with a 5.5gen 120gb ipod, but they worked great on the Pioneer. You can also see long file names on the Pioneer, but not on the Alpine. There are 2 firmware updates for the f90bt and I don't plan on using them because if it's not broke why fix it. My only Cons on the Pioneer is the boot-up time and the fan on the back is kind of noisy, but not irritating. I remote start my truck so I don't have to deal with the boot-up time. I don't know how fat your pockets are, but the Pioneer was cheaper than the Alpine and the Alpine had no Navi or bluetooth. F90bt has 4v outputs, the w505 has 2v outputs. The Ixa-w407 looks good. Bottom line is I don't miss the Alpine. I expected the Pioneer to be very buggy, but it's not. The Pioneer is so user friendly, there's almost no need to use the manual.

Last edited by a moderator:
The x910bt replaced the f90bt, and they had another one at CES that's supposed to be out this year. There's a vid on youtube, but I can't remember the model number. I think the Z110bt is the best of 09'!

anyone else have any suggestions?
I just gave you the best suggestion. If you don't care about ipod album art, get the Eclipse. I have real experience with these double dins, and there's not much out there to pick from. There are a bunch of low priced ones, but they **** IMO. I've had Clarion, Jvc, Panasonic, Pioneer, Alpine, Valor, and Eclipse screens. If you use an Ipod, get the Pioneer. The Pioneer is very user friendly and they have everything covered when it comes to the Ipod. The 9140 has album art problems. Check this Alpine out, it still isn't as user friendly an the Pioneer, but will have better SQ.

This is mine, and it is way better than I expected. They already have 2 newer models that replaced it. It can almost do everything the Z110bt can do.

100_0735.jpg

100_0742.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.