New HU

PIONEER PREMIER DEH-P710BT CD/MP3/BLUETOOTH/IPOD/USB - eBay (item 290394574022 end time Jan-27-10 14:29:20 PST)

Kenwood KDC-X993 AM/FM/CD/MP3 Stereo w/ Bluetooth NEW - eBay (item 110486096962 end time Feb-04-10 09:42:17 PST)

NEW ECLIPSE CD5030 CD/MP3/USB/iPod Car Player+BLUETOOTH : eBay Motors (item 290393162510 end time Feb-17-10 17:19:46 PST)

i just bought a new deck with pretty much the same price range as you and i narrowed it down to these 3, i got the eclipse and i am very happy with it but messing with the other 2 in the store they would all be great choices, i prefer the eclipse, then kenwood, then pioneer.

I'm lookin at the same price range and I think I'm just going to get a 9887 cause pioneer 880 are kinda hard to come by they come up but then get sold real quick. I had an 880 and loved it but had the pico issue so I sold it but before it had that issue it was awesome

From what I gathered the x993 is slow on ipods with a bunch of songs on it and the only thing that turned me off on the eclipse is no 24 bit DAC

I have an eclipse 8445 now and ipod completely ***** on it navigating that is sounds awesome just takes forever to go to different songs playlists and whatnot

I'm lookin at the same price range and I think I'm just going to get a 9887 cause pioneer 880 are kinda hard to come by they come up but then get sold real quick. I had an 880 and loved it but had the pico issue so I sold it but before it had that issue it was awesome
From what I gathered the x993 is slow on ipods with a bunch of songs on it and the only thing that turned me off on the eclipse is no 24 bit DAC

I have an eclipse 8445 now and ipod completely ***** on it navigating that is sounds awesome just takes forever to go to different songs playlists and whatnot
the kenwood sq wise is the best deck on there, 24 bit 110db, the ipod is a little slower because its one of the few radios that puts the songs through its dac, the eclipse is great with distortion down to .008 and a 5 volt pre out, the bluetooth on the eclipse is amazing. i love the auto time managment and 7 band parametric eq on the eclipse. the kenwood has a funky control system but once you get use to it, it is good. the problem with the alpine is that if you want to use all the features like bluetooth etc your gonna add another 100 dolalrs on top of it. and are going to have to buy the ipod cable etc. eclipse uses a multi harmonizer to bring your mp3 music back 2 life. there all great decks, the final answer is personal preference

the kenwood sq wise is the best deck on there, 24 bit 110db, the ipod is a little slower because its one of the few radios that puts the songs through its dac,

i have no speed problems with my 993 and 14+gig of music on my iphone 3g.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

gmm213

10+ year member
Destroyer of YOUR MOM
gmm213
Beaver Dams Ny
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date