Best Double Din in Dash w/NAV for SQ under $800

chronos
10+ year member

NY
I currently have an Alpine 9815 HU which I love for its sound quality and signature but I feel like upgrading to a double din HU with touch screen capability, GPS, DVD, and possibly harddrive (I use a samsung mp3 player so ipod not important but would be nice for passengers).

I don't want to lose the Alpine sound quality and signature from the 9815 but I haven't really heard that many headunits as well so I'm open to suggestions for even better sound quality if there is.

What would be some suggestions for $800 or under, including refurbished or used...? If you feel like theres something just outside of $800 please let me know.

Wow I didn't know they were that expensive. I saw people talking about Pioneer D3's for like $500 range. What if I pushed it up to $1000 for my budget?

What about the Pioneer D3/Z3's and the Alpine units? I'm surprised nobody suggested Alpine since I love my 9815 currently.

What about the Pioneer D3/Z3's and the Alpine units? I'm surprised nobody suggested Alpine since I love my 9815 currently.
yeah but he wasnt nav though. pretty tough to get alpine with nav for under 2 g's.

I love my AVN 5435 (eclipse)

Grab an alpine w-200/205 the h701 processor and a portable nav. You can get them all for about $1000 and have all the processing you need along with your gps.

Grab an alpine w-200/205 the h701 processor and a portable nav. You can get them all for about $1000 and have all the processing you need along with your gps.
Thats probably the best option, I think double dins are not well known for their SQ. Buying the H701 to go with the W200/205 will give you a great combo.

Ive got the Kenwood DNX-7100, it has the garmin navigation which is really nice for updating the maps and etc, really easy to use. I got mine for 600$ used about 6 months ago.

That's a tall order for under $800. Eclipse could be an option, but you won't find any refurbished, really.

Kenwood 8019's are on the net for $550 refurbished. To get the nav unit it'd cost another $275 if it's a good deal. That would be your closest to $800.

refurb dnx8120 on ebay right now is 799 with free shipping

i just ordered one,the guy keeps good communication also

if you dont feel good wit just that you can also get a square trade warranty

refurb dnx8120 on ebay right now is 799 with free shipping
i just ordered one,the guy keeps good communication also

if you dont feel good wit just that you can also get a square trade warranty
That is a good deal for a headunit that retails for 1500.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.