best component set under 200.00

The best thing I can recommend is to go to a local shop and listen to what is available. Everyone has a different ear, and what sounds good to your buddy may not sound good to you. I would recommend not buying something you can't listen too. The option that Okiedokie mentioned is acceptable provided that you only use your 300/4 for the front speakers, but be carefull on the power as you might be pushing them to the limits the speakers can handle. If you want to PM me with your info I can help you in the morning when I get to my shop.

image dynamics ctx65 for under $200WoofersEtc.com - CTX65CS - Image Dynamics 6.5" Component Speaker System

but ive read lots of good stuff about HAT Imagine 6.5s, but they are $220

Imagine I61-2 Component / Coaxial Speaker Set - 12v Electronics

ive asked 2 people who owned or heard both, and they said the imagine set sounds better in most installs
Both great suggestions. But I absolutely love the imagine set, and couldnt imagine anyone being dissapointed in them long as the install is good.

Well worth the extra $20 imo

Believe it or not you can still get the original PG RSD's from Woofersetc I just bought a set. When I built my first system they were all the rage for a entry level component well building another system I thought what the heck lets try them and they sound great! A little bright but for $100.00 TOP NOTCH!!

i think i might just order another set because the woofer is what is blown. the tweeters are fine. and i am using the 300/4 for the components and the 6x9 in the rear

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.