Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Blacklights only

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Color and Blacklight

Votes: 1 7.7%

• Total voters

XplorerChaser
10+ year member

I am new at this, and I just got a 2001 Explorer Sport. It is black, and has the 8 inch sub built into the side pannel, I also have another 12" coming as we speak. I wanted to get some cool neons for my new ride for X-mas but I want to ask people with expierence what colors work best, and where. I also want to stay as legal as possible (meaning no underbody or strobe lights) but the idea of sound activated neons sounds cool as long as they don't get me in trouble. Any feedback on this? Any help would be great, thanks. (I have dark grey leather interior)

I am new at this, and I just got a 2001 Explorer Sport. It is black, and has the 8 inch sub built into the side pannel, I also have another 12" coming as we speak. I wanted to get some cool neons for my new ride for X-mas but I want to ask people with expierence what colors work best, and where. I also want to stay as legal as possible (meaning no underbody or strobe lights) but the idea of sound activated neons sounds cool as long as they don't get me in trouble. Any feedback on this? Any help would be great, thanks. (I have dark grey leather interior)
I i were to get lights, i would go all one color. I have seen a couple set-ups before and they had them under the dash, and in the back window. Personally i would stay away from the back window deal because it can be a distaction and cops may pull you over if you have colors like blue or red, they say its impersonating a cop, but if i were going to impersonate a cop i would buy a dozen donuts and sit on my ass all day //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif . Green is a good color to go with, it looks good and the cops can't hassle you. Keep in mind though that i am by no means a pro in car lighting so this is just my oppinon/ 2cents.

Same deal were I live, the cops will hassle you if you use red or blue. They think they have a monopoly. Anyway I use black lights inside my Eclipse. My wife and I like to use white cloths (takes us back to our glory days of the 1980s). White and bright cloths look florecent with the black light. Ive seen some underbody kits that use the black, you can hardly see it as its passing by so you wont catch attention but still looks cool up close.

Mixing colors is always cool if you're looking for something a little more eye-catching.

First of all, if you're looking to stay away from illegal, I wouldn't suggest blacklights. Blacklights obviously need to be in the open to work, which usually means on your headliner or someplace similar. If you went past a cop and he sees purple lights glowing on your ceiling, he won't like it. Granted it will be less likely to piss off a cop should it be blue or red, it will still get their attention.

When mixing colors, I'd say put them under dash and seats (where your rear passengers' feet would be). You can do it two ways.

Color 1 Color 1

Color 2 Color 2

I had this setup in my old car. You're other way:

Color 1 Color 2

Color 2 Color 1

I am quite fond of this setup, and can find pics if you wish. And by the sounds of your car & interior colors, almost any combination will work. So be creative //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

pictures would be awesome! right now i was leaning towards green, but all the cool stuff is in blue, so who knows. Also, if it blinks to the music that is a huge plus.

Here is my old interior, with the first dual color choice (w/ Blue & Green):

239587_35_full.jpg

Here is my friend Dave's car, with the other dual color choice (w/ Green & Purple):

189321_34_full.jpg

And what do you mean cool stuff is in blue? If you are referring to things like lightning and lava tubes, they come in other colors as well (just not all colors).

And you can get sound-activated tubes, but they are harder to find. It's easier to get something called a Musical Interface. You can hook everything up to it, then adjust what sound you want the neons to react to.

That does look cool...what all do you have in that...sizes, brands, are they hooked up with wires or adapters?

thanks for the help....I also know about the switch to make the neons dance, has anyone worked with it before, is it easier to use that then to hook up 4 sound activated neons to the car?

Also cool stuff meaning like...better selection of things for the most part...at least on ebay

In mine I had two blue cathodes in the front, and two LiteGlow 9" minis, one on each side for the back. Also in that picture are a bunch of accent strobes, but they hardly altar the color. Not sure what Dave has. Definitely Street Glow products, though.

I know people that have used the music interface - it's not really easier to use, cause it means running your neons from there instead of from your power source. It would be easier to use sound-activated neons, but like I said, it's harder to find decent ones. But it's really up to you. Either will work just fine.

And I think those would look pretty cool under dash or seats //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

maybe a bit late to respond, but i have orange neons under my dash and a small blue bar right above my stereo, look nice...i wouldn't recommend getting the sound activated ones, personally they give me a headache, and some of them are too sensitive.

http://www.streetglow.com has pictures and products, but the prices are outrageous

that's where i got mine, but they were having a 50% off sale

in my town, you get pulled over for red or blue windshield washer lights....lucky me, i prefer orange and they don't care about orange //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Maybe too late but I have all blue neons in my Grand Prix. I really dont like bass lights. Its cool for a min. Then your like ummm no cuz they arent on when there is no bass and u have to adjust them everytime u turn your radio up a notch. I have two switches in my car to avoid cops. One switch operates everything on the floor. That one is always on cuz cops cant see it very well. All my rear window neons dash neons and others are on the other switch. Just a suggestion. Use mini neons they hide better.

ITS ALL ABOUT THE ORANGE or your favorite color.. screw what others think is cool. just do what you want and think is cool. as long as the cops don't catch ya you'll be fine. i like to be different. good luck with the explorer

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...