Best Coaxials Under $90?

Maybe the Hertz Dieci DCX 165.3 very efficient and great sounding speakers, I have the components and no amp in my truck and sound great, had to put 2 layers of SD in the front cause the bass was so strong, while I had some polks db651 coax in the back and did nothing compared to the massage I got on my hand by placing it on the factory grill. If you can get them from an authorized dealer for under $100 it is a good deal, Hertz are not sold on line and if they are, you void your warranty.

Ok thanks a lot for the advice. I will ponder on it tomorrow and see if I can narrow this down a bit.
For under $100, those are definitely the top speakers out there. You may get recommendations on brands like Hertz, Focal, Rainbows, Morels, etc. But those brands make speakers that cost over $500, so if you pick up a pair for $100, you're picking up their lowest line. Those lower lines do not compare to the speakers Bostons or Pioneers.

For under $100, those are definitely the top speakers out there. You may get recommendations on brands like Hertz, Focal, Rainbows, Morels, etc. But those brands make speakers that cost over $500, so if you pick up a pair for $100, you're picking up their lowest line. Those lower lines do not compare to the speakers Bostons or Pioneers.
Ok I have decided to go with the Pioneers.

I agree with all the other brands, except for the Hertz, Hertz has an affordable lower end line of speakers that is superior to top domestic models. I had a set of Coax from Hertz that I got for $79.00 and the dealer worked with me to get that price, no way you can get a pair of Focal coax or Morel for that price. Hertz sells the most speakers in Europe and the lower end models are made to be a direct replacement for Car manufacturers where an amp is not needed, if you add an amp to the Dieci series you will get better sound, it rare to get good SQ and high SPL but those really hold their own.

I agree that the dealer may not sell them for under $100.00 but you get what you pay for and I guess working with a brand like Pioneer, there are many black market sellers and you can get a better deal, they retail for $119 and you can get them for $50.00 from an authorized reseller. :)

The jbl power series are nice speakers. Jbl knows how to make drivers. The p662s have a ton of midbass, and a very laid back tweet. They are some of the better coaxes ive heard for that price range. The aura sounds is another option. Thats probably the best bang for the buck, and a nice tweet too.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.