Best choice for primary battery

duro78
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
new york
ok my oem battery is approaching 5 years and 4 of those years was with 1200 watts plus. Ive been having a dimming problem so I was gonna add a second batt but considering my pri is on its last leg I decided it made more sense to uprade that one. I'm torn between the following..keep in mind space is an issue

optma YT D35- $159. plus ship= $179

Deka Int 9A78- $132 plus ship= $155

Kinetics 1400- $189 free ship online car stereo

Checkout what Im running in my sig. the deka actually had a slightly better output

rating plus is the cheapest...thanks guys

oh yeah big 3 coming soon

I had an AC Delco OEM that was less than a year old and replaced it with a Kinetik HC2000...very happy with it. My alt is rated at 145 Amps max and I'm only running 1000W RMS. I did the Big 3 and still had some dimming and this battery cleared up most of the dimming.

screw optima, only get them if you can get employee discount otherwise the deka looks nice. If you get 2 batteries get them at the same time and the same type and you will get the best and longest life from them.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.