Best/cheapest way to get 3000+watts?

You dont understand.. I never said I was trading I said I was offered.. and I was getting info on the 802sx

So you Think one Earthquake amp on a 200amp ALT,, an Optima YT and a Big Batt in the back will be okay to run daily at 1ohm? Im done running 2ohms setups.. its 2 hard/expensive to find the right amp.. the new black earthquake PHD5000WD is alot sexier than that big ol red Lego shaped toaster they are selling BNIB on ebay for $375

earthquake phd5000

earthquakes are decent amps, but will blow easily when ran daily under rated imp. EQ amps are great for burps but not as much so for daily. yes that can do daily, but in all likely hood will fail sooner than other better made amps.

why the earthquake? what makes it so compelling? The big red bulky case?

whats the beef with MA? I think the amps are attractive with the digital screens and Mesh and chrome design
they were pretty big in the old shcool days, as time went on they (IMO) still made decent products, but just not up to par with thier old old stuff.

the MA's are attractive on the looks....but there was a test done recently where an orion 2500d outperformed an MA 4000d

The HK802SX is extremely inefficient - it's listed by MA Audio as a high current draw amplifier and it will **** your electrical dry to put out rated power.
So that's a no go in my book for you.
you shocked thier big amps liek the 4000d are rated to do that at 17v? thats absurb. they arent worth the money

okay.. i had an offer trade+ cash for my Memphis for the 802sx.. just checking my options
that memphis (although needs current) is a beast lil amp. it'll sound better and probly be more efficent than 2 brutus amps. if you go with hifonics dont bother with the brutus;s. alright amps yes, but when you're pushing 3kw+ you need quality amps. id only go with thier big ones, but even the goliaths have had issues with daily driving. ask vetkillr (joel).

If you've got about 500 to work with, id recommend a zx 2500.1 @ 1ohm (good electrical itll be about 3kw, run daily, and be very very very very very very efficent). The lanzar opti 4000d is a VERY reliable amp that can take a large amout of abuse day by day. which is amazing considering 90% of the other products by the same company i wouldnt even wipe my ass with. Massive audio has a decent amp for that price range. rockford T series amps are nice but a lil pricey...

dude save your money and get a mojo 4kw, most fun amp ive ever played with, it's sexy, poweful as hell, and reliable. hoep this helps you out man. IMO, mojo 4kw is the way to go hands down.

Theres a local guy selling a RF T3000 for right around 500 bucks. Great deal if you ask me. He's an older guy that buys and test amps for his hobby. I dont even think he uses them much but for testing their power. lol

Theres a local guy selling a RF T3000 for right around 500 bucks. Great deal if you ask me. He's an older guy that buys and test amps for his hobby. I dont even think he uses them much but for testing their power. lol
That sounds like a good deal...

Or you could just plug a 4.8 ohm resistor into the wall socket...

That would be the cheapest way to get 3000 Watts... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif

for real? Can u get pics or something? Or was you just telling me this to be telling me? Im interested in this.. 2 weeks ago the Mojo woulda sold in seconds //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rage.gif.0ad8a6e5565b5fddce406566fdd05149.gif

MA 4000 here for 200, 100 to fix, thats 3600 rms at 2 for just 300. Go lower than 2 and you have more.

BTW, Modded to run at .7
you're much better off with an orion 2500d....tested and proved to be a better amp by legit members ON THIS FORUM.......yet the orion is only rated 2500w @ 1 ohm and 1800w @ 2ohm? isnt that funny.....

IMO the mojo is better built than the orion and the MA (mojo>2500d>MAaudio).....

yes the orion puts out more power, but the mojo is more reliable and definitly is a higher quality amp...

bro there's no real differance bwteen 1 ohm and 2 ohm as far as one being "better".....in the end it still comes down to if the equipment is stable and reliable at the given imp.....i mean its nice to say you have ur power at 1 ohm, but its all about the equpiment and its ability to work at a given ohm, not nessessarily what ohm its at...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.