Best budget battery?

kabosh
10+ year member

So I'm going to be upgrading my system in the next couple months. I'm thinking I will probably end up getting two twleves and put 1200 into each at one ohm. I have a stock 130 amp alt right now that I'd rather not fool with. Can I get by with 2500 watts on big three and one extra battery? If so what is a good reliable battery that won't break my bank, pretty much want to know the cheapest battery that you guys still have full confidence in. Any tips regaurding what my electrical will need to put out 2500 rms daily willbe appreciated.

it should work out for awhile with the 130 amp alt but make sure you check how hot your amp and subs get after beating on them. As for battery brand, i know people recommend dekas but i can't find them at the price people can find em. I like my kinetic hc 1800 and 1400 but they are pricey and they dont really list all the specs you'd want in a battery.

if you have a sams club for 100 for 34/79 or 130 for group 27 you can get a duracel agm battery that is a rebadged deka //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif brand new

Good rule of thumb. U NEED 70 AMPS OF CURRENT FOR EVERY 1000 WATTS. DO BIG 3 IN OFC AND YOUR RUNS IN OFC. UPRADE YOUR FRONT BATTERY AND ATLEAST ONE 100 AMP HOUR BATT IN BACK. duracell from sams. C and d. Any east penn made batt. Around 200.00 u can get the new crecendo batts. 120 ah great batts. Your gonna spend close to 150 to 200 no matter what. It all depends on what u are trying to accomplish. I would say xs if u want to play with the big dogs . Deka is a great batt. Kinetics are fairly priced but they are nothing special. Interstate and the die hard platinum from sears are good also. Hope this helps.

Dont get a HO alt. That would be only if extra batts did not help.

If you are really on a tight budget, you can get a marine flooded batt. It will help reduce the dimming the main concern is that you do not want to completely discharge it.

When I first installed my AQ2200 I had 2 of these (I was able to get them for free) and there was little dimming. I've since upgraded to AGM's but the marines was not that bad.

EverStart Maxx Group Size 29 Marine Battery: Automotive : Walmart.com

My budget isnt horrible, I just want to kinda get the cheapest solution, while retaining full reliability. So how much would An AGM cost and would I be good with just one on an aq2200?

130 amp alt should be fine for the time being, you can concentrate on that later, but a good battery bank is a quick band aid solution for most situations. Its not a permanent solution though but it works.

if you have a sams club for 100 for 34/79 or 130 for group 27 you can get a duracel agm battery that is a rebadged deka //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif brand new
Depends, the g34 is $150 at my sam's plus a $15 core charge... They used to be $130 just a couple months ago and I'm pretty sure they were about $100 a year ago

PS: I ran 2500w on a stock 130a alt and the voltage drop was awful. I'd recommend not going over 2k unless you're willing to buy a HO alt.

My budget isnt horrible, I just want to kinda get the cheapest solution, while retaining full reliability. So how much would An AGM cost and would I be good with just one on an aq2200?
You'll have to factor a battery charger into your cost, too.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.