BEST BOX DESIGN FOR SINGLE JL 10W7AE-3 at 650w rms?

Participant count
  • Participants list

NugzNsubs818

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hey there everyone, just getting back into car audio and haven’t had subwoofer since high school and was wondering what type of enclosure will produce best sound quality for a single JL AUDIO 10” W7 with 650w RMS in a Kia Optima? Sealed, ported or band pass? Also what frequency should I tune to for ported and band pass as I listen to mostly hip hop and metal?

For JL, I’d just build the box to their recommended ported specs. Put it in the trunk facing the rear bumper, and put it just a few inches from the opening of the trunk. JL makes great subs! If you still want more bass I’d recommend a 1200 watt amp.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.