Best bang for your amp for under $300

4bannger
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
FLA
Okay so I'm looking at amp and I'm confused on what's crap and what's good. I have around $300 maybe a little more to spend. I have a kac-8150d right now on two type r 15 dual 2 ohm subs. I wanna push them to full potential. I'll post a check list of things I want the amp to do. My only problem is knowing what will do actuall rms.

-be 1 ohm stable for future upgrades

-be strapable if I wanna run two down the road

-2000w rms at 2 ohm

-bass knob would be really nice.

-accept 1/0 gauge wire.

-be able to do rms on standard electrical. I don't have the money to get 16v I run at 14 v constant. Any help would

Be great thanks you

I have done the big three and have a second battery with a 150 amp stock alt

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay so I'm looking at amp and I'm confused on what's crap and what's good. I have around $300 maybe a little more to spend. I have a kac-8150d right now on two type r 15 dual 2 ohm subs. I wanna push them to full potential. I'll post a check list of things I want the amp to do. My only problem is knowing what will do actuall rms.

-2000w rms at 2 ohm

-accept 1/0 gauge wire.

-be able to do rms on standard electrical. I don't have the money to get 16v I run at 14 v constant. Any help would

Be great thanks you
No 2k @2ohm amp will produce 2k on stock electrical..esp droppin into the 11s or 12s all day

Probably easier to find something that is 2k at .5 and that when strapped will give you output at 2ohms.. A sundown 1500d is around 2k at .5, which you can wire your subs to. Find a used one, or something with a korean board just like it.. 2kw at 2ohms is either a 4k amp at 1ohm, or is NOT one ohm stable. If it's the former, your not getting it for 300 and if it's the latter, it's strapped power will be at 4ohm..

Also you may need small electrical upgrades for 2k rms as stated by Nasty08impala, you will NOT hold 14.4 with 2k on stock electrical. You'll need at least the big 3 and a second battery in most cases.

Last edited by a moderator:
2000 RMS at 2 Ohm will be fairly expensive, even used. Also 2000 RMS on standard electrical without the Big 3 or an HO Alternator will be hard, unless you've got a larger stock alt.
No 2k @2ohm amp will produce 2k on stock electrical..esp droppin into the 11s or 12s all day
Probably easier to find something that is 2k at .5 and that when strapped will give you output at 2ohms.. A sundown 1500d is around 2k at .5, which you can wire your subs to. Find a used one, or something with a korean board just like it.. 2kw at 2ohms is either a 4k amp at 1ohm, or is NOT one ohm stable. If it's the former, your not getting it for 300 and if it's the latter, it's strapped power will be at 4ohm..
Also you may need small electrical upgrades for 2k rms as stated by Nasty08impala, you will NOT hold 14.4 with 2k on stock electrical. You'll need at least the big 3 and a second battery in most cases.
I guess I should have stated in the my first post that I have done the big three and also have a second battery with a larger stock alt. I do plan on getting my alt re spooled I know it's not the best idea but the only company that sells a bolt on for a toyota sequoia is stinger and they want $800

-2000w rms at 2 ohm

-accept 1/0 gauge wire.

Be great thanks you

i have a alpine mrp-m2k i can possibly part ways with for $300. it is used and its been running two mtx t9510-04 subs and i am upgrading...

I guess I should have stated in the my first post that I have done the big three and also have a second battery with a larger stock alt. I do plan on getting my alt re spooled I know it's not the best idea but the only company that sells a bolt on for a toyota sequoia is stinger and they want $800
What i would do is get skmething that does 2k or so at .5 its ur best bet to stay in budget .u should snag that aq2200 that just popped up if u were smart

---------- Post added at 05:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:53 PM ----------

It will do 2700 or so at .5

-2000w rms at 2 ohm

-accept 1/0 gauge wire.

Be great thanks you

You can get a Soundstream Ta1.3000d for $273 shipped with 2 yr warranty from Techronics.com and set gains around what you need with a DMM

Link: Soundstream TA1.3000 3000W 1 Channel Tarantula Car Audio Amplifier

Have you checked Mechman, DC Power and Engineering, and Singer? I would imagine at least one of them would have one. May have to have a little bracket for it, but should be a much better deal.

You can get a Soundstream Ta1.3000d for $273 shipped with 2 yr warranty from Techronics.com and set gains around what you need with a DMMLink: Soundstream TA1.3000 3000W 1 Channel Tarantula Car Audio Amplifier
That amps seem pretty legit. What actual rms does it do at 2 ohm and .5 ohm. I've found that just because the company claims it does one thing doesn't mean when it come to real like set ups they don't stand to be true. I'm not rich by any mean so I wanna really do some research and ask questions before I just jump into an amp that says 3k watts but does 1kwatts. If I make a good decision based on reviews and feed back from others who have had the amp before.

Ehh for 27 bucks more id snag the aq2200 lol
Have you checked Mechman, DC Power and Engineering, and Singer? I would imagine at least one of them would have one. May have to have a little bracket for it, but should be a much better deal.
I had a guy at the audio shop call some places for me. I wanna just get a bolt on if possible so I can put right on myself. I know it's no as easy and I make it sound but it's easier then Making a mounting bracket for the thing. If I went to the local audio shop . Would they be able to get that done for me without breakjng the bank or giving my first born for the thing.

Theres one for 300 shipped just popped up on here..come on broseph
I know I kinda low balled on my offer of $200 but I figured what the heck why no just try. I would much rather pay extra for something new that has some sort of warranty other than someone saying "yes it works"....not that I don't trust his word but it's just better to have a warranty for something.

That amps seem pretty legit. What actual rms does it do at 2 ohm and .5 ohm. I've found that just because the company claims it does one thing doesn't mean when it come to real like set ups they don't stand to be true. I'm not rich by any mean so I wanna really do some research and ask questions before I just jump into an amp that says 3k watts but does 1kwatts. If I make a good decision based on reviews and feed back from others who have had the amp before.

I had a guy at the audio shop call some places for me. I wanna just get a bolt on if possible so I can put right on myself. I know it's no as easy and I make it sound but it's easier then Making a mounting bracket for the thing. If I went to the local audio shop . Would they be able to get that done for me without breakjng the bank or giving my first born for the thing.

I know I kinda low balled on my offer of $200 but I figured what the heck why no just try. I would much rather pay extra for something new that has some sort of warranty other than someone saying "yes it works"....not that I don't trust his word but it's just better to have a warranty for something.
Id rather pay more for a used aq then that new soundstream ta to be hinest but thats just me

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.