Best Bang for buck

Zoltok
10+ year member

Maryland
I was wondering which one would thump the best

Between 12" Adire Brahma and 12" Kicker L7

But like the Brahma is so much more $ compared to the L7

So i'm not sure if I should get it

how does the adire Shiva compare to the Kicker L7?

For sq, adire wins hands down, but for loud i don't even know, i have heard the L7's and man can they slam with a ported box....

the brahma would beat an L7 in SPL IF you ran the brahma with as much power as it can handle. the brahma can handle 1600 wrms that's the peak wattage of the L7, so look at it that way, you can put more watt's into the brahma and the SQ is a ton better than the L7 typically. audiolife is the exception.

keep it thumpin,

adam

L7's are nice subs. If you get a good deal on one, its better than getting a Brahma if your into thump. You can even get two L7's for the price of a Brahma. But for SQ the Brahma is the way to go, while still maintaining great SPL. If you tweek the L7's right, they can be quite musical, and not just a BOOM BOOM sub. It's on you.

Ahh cool

Well My friend said he could get them wholesale prices

I think 12" L7 for like 250 or something lower

Cuz I believe the L5 he said was like 200...I can't remmeber rght now

but yea is that a good price to get L7's?

Well I want to hit loud but while maintaining some SQ

Ahh yea

I saw those

200 bucks Kickers on audio warehouse

but wasn't it

15 inch with Dual Voice Coils at 4Ohms

so doesnt that mean I need to run it at 8 ohms?

I couldn't find an amp earlier at 8 ohms

plus I also couldn't find a box for 15" off of kickers website =(

Cuz I really don't know where to start in building a box

Sorry to bust in on your thread, but i was wondering if the L7 would sound like $#!t if you put only 500 peak to each coil. They are DVC right? hmm. i just thought about that

The amount of power you put into it would only effect its loudness, not its sound. 500w peak should be something around 250w rms. So that would come out to 500w rms. So if its a 10" it will be pretty loud, if it's a 12" it will be alright, and if it's a 15" your cheating yourself but still sounding pretty good. 10's take 600w, 12's take 750w and 15's take 1,000w rms. They all can take more, but if you've got a good amp you'll be putting out more anyways.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

$250 is not some SUPER deal you have to jump on for the 12". Like was said, the 15's were going for $200, and the 10's were $150. But it's still a good deal. You can get them from http://www.cbrstereo.com for $219. And http://www.discountjungle.com will do it for $194 or so, but they overcharge for shipping.

The Brahma is one of the baddest subs around, for SPL and for SQ. If you're willing to spend the extra money, go for it. Personally I'm in love with the idea of blowing people away with a sub they've never heard of.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif The Brahma is just emberassing. You'll be louder, and sound better at the same time. That's just too funny to me.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

hahaha yea I figured the Brahma would blow the others away

but all my friends call me 'stupid' and 'crazy' cuz they all say why am I getting such

$$ subs, I don't need it...

ic, well 12" DVC at 4 ohms would mean

I need an 8ohm amp? I couldn't find them earlier...so I didn't jump on that deal

plus 15" box kicker doesn't sell it....and I don't know how to build a box myself

and im pretty sure if I did it would **** since my craftsmenship isn't exactly all that great, haha

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

If you wire each coil to its own channel, you would be putting the amps 4 ohm rating to them. if you wire in parallel, youd be putting the 2 ohm rating to em. HTH

Hmm

but since it sub said DVC 4 Ohms

don't I want to put 4 Ohms into it cuz if I put 2 Ohms won't it sound crappy?

oh

I can do each coil its own channel?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.