Best amplifier(s) for my situation

Participant count
  • Participant list
So I currently have an idmax 12 v4 d4 running off of a jl jx1000/1d at 2 ohms. It's around 1000 watts, which is the subwoofer's rated RMS wattage. I want to add a second though, but because it is a d4, two would make the final impedance one ohm, and the amplifier is only two ohm stable. I have the option of buying another jl jx1000/1d to run the other sub, or buying say an audioque 2200, or something that has around a 2000 watt RMS at one ohm total. I don't know the quality of other amplifiers much, and I've been told JL Audio is expensive, but it is well made equipment.

Any inputs would be greatly appreciated!

you should get one of the US Amps ax3200's in the classifieds ..... great amps .... and you'd have a bit of headroom as well ...

Oh wait, I have to ask you what you are running for electrical ....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.