best 6x9?

Participant count
  • Participant list
Eeeeeeyuuuuck ... 6x9's ... and midbass ... in the same sentence ... I reject the thought of 6x9's alone.

But, anyways ...

Personally, I'd look at Infinity. Some of the ... 'better' 6x9's I've heard.

- Steve

so yeah, 6x9's aren't great for quality due to their flawed design. the oval shape and "largeness" to it makes it sloppy, kinda like how people don't use 18's in a daily setup(usually) because they're sloppy. what would sound better is a pair of 5x7's or better yet, some 5 1/4's. you can make your own bracket/plate/whatever you want to call it to mount the different sized speakers to the 6x9 space, if you decide to go that route. but yeah, infinity makes good stuff if your just going to get 6x9's. i really like boston acoustics too, but i don't even know if they make 6x9's, as dumb as that sounds. alpine type-x is good too, a little pricier though, don't know how much your looking to spend.

if you insist the 6x9"s, the best speaker that i have come across in that price range is the JL TR690-TXi. the Focal Acess 690CA's are nice too, but they run about 130 bones a pair.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.