best 6.5 component speakers

i thought they were just beefed up dynaudio woofers... hmm...
anyways, i really like the seas excel nextel + hiquphon owI combo...

i just do not see the point of paying too much for car speakers...it's not a very good environment for audio and theres always the theft factor
my good friend and fellow zapco teammate kirk profit who is a multi IASCA and MECA world champ who had the SEAS nextel/ SEAS metal ref combo...just switched over to the audio techs "that I sent him" and after a little break in time, he's told me that is such a night and day difference that everything he has heard to day in his car has been wrong...

What kind are you running now?
You still running CDT?
Had a 3 way morel active setup for awhile and loved it but now back to running some new cdt gear and love these. No matter how happy i ever am with a set i always find myself doing new setups. To be honest just like to try new things //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

my good friend and fellow zapco teammate kirk profit who is a multi IASCA and MECA world champ who had the SEAS nextel/ SEAS metal ref combo...just switched over to the audio techs "that I sent him" and after a little break in time, he's told me that is such a night and day difference that everything he has heard to day in his car has been wrong...
Making my want to spend more money! Really!

wow... that must sound amazing... I wish i had a grand to spend on just mid woofers //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif But i'm still skeptical as whether the difference would be 'day and night'. maybe he just liked the sound of the audio techs better...i'm hearing that their sound is veeery much like the dynaudio woofers. So maybe he just likes the more neutral tone and forgiving nature that they have (i'm basing this on what i like about dynaudios) or maybe he was playing a bad recording (the excels are very revealing). Either way, they seem like a great set, if they are really what they crack out to be, then they are a bargain compared to utopia be's rainbow refs, absolutes and such. I'll do a bit more research on them

Bingo...the finest drivers in the world IMO and the only drivers I'll ever use...the 18h's with the ring rev...nothing on the planet can touch it...no rainbow ref...no genny stuff no focal be.....NOTHING....trust me I've owned them all

What is he using for midrange? The Skaaning looks like a midbass driver.

I remember Skaaning now... I believe he was the founder of Dynaudio... I suppose you could think of the skaaning drivers as next generation Dynaudio.

I remember Skaaning now... I believe he was the founder of Dynaudio... I suppose you could think of the skaaning drivers as next generation Dynaudio.
you can use them for midrange/midbass //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

wow... that must sound amazing... I wish i had a grand to spend on just mid woofers //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif But i'm still skeptical as whether the difference would be 'day and night'. maybe he just liked the sound of the audio techs better...i'm hearing that their sound is veeery much like the dynaudio woofers. So maybe he just likes the more neutral tone and forgiving nature that they have (i'm basing this on what i like about dynaudios) or maybe he was playing a bad recording (the excels are very revealing). Either way, they seem like a great set, if they are really what they crack out to be, then they are a bargain compared to utopia be's rainbow refs, absolutes and such. I'll do a bit more research on them
you can't speculate sound...assumption is a bad thing...no they sound nothing like dyns, other than their midbass response...tonaly in the midrange, they are just perfect...

Yes that was his dad...who also co founded scanspeak...so consider it in that the audio techs are the best of both...

I have my 15h's in my kicks with 480's watts to them playing from 3500-40hz....and they love it

you can't speculate sound...assumption is a bad thing...no they sound nothing like dyns, other than their midbass response...tonaly in the midrange, they are just perfect...
Actually, I am one of the very few people that can do just that. I don't know why, it's just a gift from above so I am not going to question it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.