Best 4-channel amp to power new Kicker KS series setup?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Senseless

NJ
I just setup my Chevy Cobalt with kicker KS components in the front and matching 6x9's in the rear deck. The front speakers are rated at 125RMS and the rear at 150.

I'm looking for the best amp I can get that will do my speakers justice and leave me with room for some real improvement when I want to upgrade my speakers.

Recently I've taken brief looks at 5 amplifiers...

Rockford Fosgate T600-4

Infinity Kappa K4

Alpine PDX-F4

Alpine PDX-F6

JL Audio HD Series HD600/4

I know a lot of people here have a lot of knowledge and experience. Any words of wisdom? What is the difference between the class D and AB amps I've looked at? Should the lack of RCA inputs on my speakers affect my amp purchase?

(and by the way I already know I don't know what I'm talking about)

Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
the KX400.4 is rated for 50x4 and it's crossover network is active capable and it has a 2ch or 4ch selectable input. if you need more power later you can get a second one and bridge them getting 200x2 on each amp.

i personally run the KX200.2 and 400.1 in one of my vehicles. very sleek looking amps. you can also order Kicker amps from Best Buy and get the extra warranty, that's what I did.

Last edited by a moderator:
What are your needs for said amp ? Power owe channel. Active capable. Small in size and class d so it's better on your electrical ?
Well I want to amplify all the speakers I have... would it be a bad idea to use the passive crossovers with the amp in order to power both the tweeters and the midbass on just 2 channels (leaving 2 for the 6x9's)?

I do want a smaller unit so I can tuck it under the seat.

Well I want to amplify all the speakers I have... would it be a bad idea to use the passive crossovers with the amp in order to power both the tweeters and the midbass on just 2 channels (leaving 2 for the 6x9's)?
I do want a smaller unit so I can tuck it under the seat.
You'll want to use the passive crossover. I actually have an amp that fits your needs

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.