Best 3+ pre out head unit for a tight budget

alex16

Long Story:

I currently have a 1999 Honda Civic that has 6.5 front 6x9 rear speakers. This car once upon a time had a good stereo system in it that was stolen long before I bought the car for very cheap. I moved from Houston,Tx up to a small town 1 hour away from Harrisburg, Pa and with the low amount of theft in the area I started to upgrade my audio. I have a sony headunit I first installed but when it came time for me to install my old MTX 10'' sub (I have had this mtx ported box/sub for close to 4+ years) and boss amplifier (1000w)... it smoked after installing it, my extra 800w boss amp was then installed to find out my sony does not have rca's. No big deal, grabbed my 2 year old XO vision 349NT I got a few years back for 100, finished wiring it to my adapter harness.... it has no RCA's either. !!!!!!!!!!!!! DOH! So I then splice the rca's into the speaker wiring which I am sure is a horrible thing to do and I apologize in advance, and I have a crappy stereo system that I want to slowly change into a decent stereo.

Short:

I have around 100 to spend on a head unit,

my needs are

front rca

rear rca

subwoofer rca

aux input

New or used, so far I am leaning towards the Pioneer-DEH-P7400HD (I found it for only 10$ over budget on ebay 109 shipped)

My future goal:

Use my 10'' mtx to its fullest (it has always produced nose itching bass for me)

upgrade to 6.5 component front/4 way 6x9 or what you guys recommend

amplified front/rear speakers with one amplifier if possible.

someone was selling a pioneer on here for like 60 bucks that has my vote for your goals
$50 now http://www.caraudio.com/forums/head-unit-classifieds/593861-fs-pioneer-deh-7300bt.html
Wish I would have got this HU. Finding one for 60 with all of the things I'm looking for would free up some money for speakers.

Anyone else trying to clear out something cheap?

I might end up spending 107 shipped for this new kenwood kdc-x597 excelon

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Kenwood-KDC-X597-AM-FM-CD-USB-Bluetooth-A2DP-Car-Stereo-iPod-Remote-KDCX597-RB-/141139144618?pt=Car_Audio_In_Dash_Receivers&hash=item20dc8c6faa

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I can't stand the head units I currently have, the sony and the xo vision are total crap after having my defective Kenwood KDC-BT755HD for a week, when it did work it was fantastic... making my crappy speakers a lot more clear and the low pass filter for the sub is great. I wanted more color adjust ability like the Pioneers have but I really can't stand the way the basic ones look (I like the 80prs), so I went back to kenwood for a second try. I decided to buy aKenwood KDC-X797 excelon, all the features I want and more.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/141144639653?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

$125 shipped refurbed 90 day warranty.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.