Best 15" subs for the money

Johnny5101
10+ year member

Hi I recently blew my cerwin vega Stroker. I'm looking to go to 1-2 15's. I'm not the familiar with brands and models. Let me tell you a little info that might help. I have an explorer with 3rd row seating. The amp I have is an alpine mrp 2000. I'm trying to stay around $300. No more than $400. It doesn't bother me to buy used subs either as long as they were taken care of. I enjoy listening to rap, rock, and some country. I really like the deep bass. I just don't want subs that bottom out or sound like crap with different bass levels in different songs. I really hope that this info will help you be able to help me. Thanks so much for your help and suggestions.

Wow. That extremely unfortunate, that sub is probably one of the beefiest stock subs I've ever seen...so much infact..

I'm wondering HOW you managed to blow it with that amp..?

Wow. That extremely unfortunate, that sub is probably one of the beefiest stock subs I've ever seen...so much infact..

I'm wondering HOW you managed to blow it with that amp..?

Really?? I just talked to a guy today with some of those. Are they that good? And yeah, I have no idea how I blew it. It is wired all correctly. Happened to my jl 10w6v2 and the Stroker. I thought it was just a bad jl. But then a month later the exact same thing happened to the Stroker. I'm sad for real. That Stroker freakin slammed!!

Really?? I just talked to a guy today with some of those. Are they that good? And yeah, I have no idea how I blew it. It is wired all correctly. Happened to my jl 10w6v2 and the Stroker. I thought it was just a bad jl. But then a month later the exact same thing happened to the Stroker. I'm sad for real. That Stroker freakin slammed!!
How is your amp setup? If you blew the stroker on that then someting is wrong and you shouldn't get a new sub hooked up til you figure that out cuz it'll blow too prolly... Just satin...

I agree. In getting rid of that amp. That one is a power acoustik. I have an alpine mrp 2000 getting fixed right now that I'm gonna use. Either that or I bought a soundstream rubicon 2500 that needed fixed. It's under factory warranty. Just have to send that one out.

the soundstream is almost as bad as the pa amp ,same company actually ,use the alpine ,the fi subs are nice as well .if you want new then look at american bass xfl subs

Also does anyone know any places that repair cerwin vega strikers and/or jl 10w6v2s? I would like to see if it would be smart or price effective to get both and/or one of these subs compared to buying new. Thanks so much for your help and opinions by the way guys. I truly appreciate it.

[quote name='Johnny5101']Also does anyone know any places that repair cerwin vega strikers and/or jl 10w6v2s? I would like to see if it would be smart or price effective to get both and/or one of these subs compared to buying new. Thanks so much for your help and opinions by the way guys. I truly appreciate it.[/QUOTE]
@SPLaudio ;

Are the fi q's any good? And will just one be enough to shake my truck with the mrp2000? Also someone told me that they had two subs that I might want also. They are Pap wmd dual 2 soundqubed hdc3 15. I have pictures of them, but I'm not for sure how to post pictures on here.

he's probably blowing subs because he's trying to feed it peak power. Couple that with a junk amp like power acoustik and we have a big problem. Power acoustik doesn't give correct power ratings so it's untunable with a DMM. So users just keep turning up the volume right into clipping until the amp/sub blows.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.