Best 12s for SPL

Dub7sonoma
Premium Member

Premium Member
Need idea for my new setup. I currently have 3 JL 12W7s in a ported box on a powerbass xta5000d. I just bought another Xta5000d to strap with the original. The new box will be a small camper shell that blows through the back window. I have approximately 13 sq ft to work with but only 12s will fit in the back window area, maybe odd sizes like the JL 13w7 (the opening is right at 14"). Just looking for ideas on 3 12s that will be the loudest in that type of setup since I can only fit 12s but have close to 10,000 watts rms to work with. And for reference Powerbass' website says 2 xta5000ds will only be 2 ohm stable when strapped, but I have heard that people have run them solo at .5 ohm. So the subs will need to be able to be wired together at around 2 ohms or close to it just to be safe. And this will be a daily driver so I will be listening to music on the setup.

The real answer is not a sub picked from thin air..

It will be the sub(s) that work best for your application and power...it will not always be the same sub that worked for someone else.

agreed 

---------- Post added at 05:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:54 PM ----------

heard mayhems soft parts **** really bad but have no exp with them
since when? lol

I have a lot of experience with them, the ones in my blazer play anything and take major abuse

You're probably thinking about DC lol

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.