Best 12" SQ subs 0.7-1.0 ft3 sealed

Maxxx
10+ year member

Please let me know a few of your top recommendations for the best single 12" sub for sound quality in a 0.7-1.0 ft3 sealed enclosure, probably running 80Hz and down. Price no object for the sake of discussion, but please let's not include Velodyne or Adire. Looking for very accurate sound, fast, not sluggish nor boomy (assume the box is doing its job perfectly and it's all on the woofer). Thanks in advance!

An IDQ12V2 works well in ~1ft3 and would match the performance requirements. I ran one, myself, in ~.8ft3 stuffed with poly.

for those enclosure requirements and looking for an SQ type sub I would definitely have to recommend the Stereo Integrity Magnum V4. I have had mine for about a good 8 months now and absolutely love it. Best way to describe it is, Transparent. I have tried a pair in 2cubes and been running a single in 1cube for a good 4 months now powered off a sundown 1500D, little bit overpowered but easily controlled and the headroom is nice.

This review was not written by me (but by a much more competent person) listening to my truck, http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=367091

Others to look into would probably be the IDQ (as mentioned above), or the DIYMA R12

Thanks for your input. Power would be as required - i.e. whatever power is needed to allow the woofer to perform at its full potential, and leave it up to me to bring the frontstage up to match. Not looking to blow-out the windows, but let's say it needs to be at least as good a performer as my 12" adire brahma was in the same size enclosure.

Probably should have said that the QTC of ~0.71 is also my goal, in an effort to achieve the least coloured sound.

No one mentioned the JL 12W7, though it has been spoken of as a reference woofer. Anyone have experience and can compare to those mentioned here already, or others?

for those enclosure requirements and looking for an SQ type sub I would definitely have to recommend the Stereo Integrity Magnum V4. I have had mine for about a good 8 months now and absolutely love it. Best way to describe it is, Transparent. I have tried a pair in 2cubes and been running a single in 1cube for a good 4 months now powered off a sundown 1500D, little bit overpowered but easily controlled and the headroom is nice.
This review was not written by me (but by a much more competent person) listening to my truck, http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=367091

Others to look into would probably be the IDQ (as mentioned above), or the DIYMA R12

I read the review and one thing stuck out to me. He said the LP filter on the Mag was set at 50hz@24db. Have you tried raising the crossover point on the Mag? I've never used the Mag, but it is often mentioned that it sounds very similar to the DIYMA R12 (which I use currently), and I actually hated the DIYMA running that low. It wasn't until I raised the crossover up to 100hz @12db that I actually enjoyed its sound. Just some food for thought.

Diyma 12 hands down best value - $100 shipped right now from npdang
Not any more, he sold all of them. You might be able to find one in the classifieds but I can bet you're going to pay more than $100 shipped for one.

Yeah I saw he sold out. Wish I picked one up //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

That's why I made sure to pick up #2 very early on //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.