Best 10" sub for a .75 custom sealed enclosure?

Depends on what you consider "limiting." That's plenty of power for many. More than I ran for years. There are good subs out there that will reach their limits in a small sealed box with that power.
You're old and grew up in the age of efficient subs with xmax figures in the single digits, ran off of little power. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Are these "good subs" that you speak of new or old? All I can come up with is the ID10 or RWE, but it's late and I'm not trying very hard...

Im just doing a temp install till i get my fiberglass box finished, but when all is said and done and i have my jl hd 900/5 installed ill be pushing out 500 rms for the sub.

There are still plenty of efficient low powered subs available. All you have to do is look somewhere other than the car audio brands since 99% of them cater more to the SPL crowd and noobs and use inefficiency (the byproduct of power handling) as a marketing strategy. Look at companies like Peerless or Dayton for SQ oriented efficient subs.

As much as a lot of people on here are going to scream like whiny cheapskates, the JL Audio 10W1v2 would be a good match as well. You could also look at some of the other car audio brands, but look at their less expensive lines like the AA Assassin.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.