Best 10" for SPL

my friend had 2 of theses pioneer 12's in the back of his car n they shook his rear view mirror off.... they are definetely worth the money... u just nned the power
AWESOME, thanks for that little bit of info. Im guessin if money comes up short, im goin pioneer. Im assuming my amp will be able to atleast support 2 pioneer 10's for a month or two? I mean, Im going to vent the box and my trunk has an amazing resonance level.

no offense but sony ***** balls i dont know what they were thinking when they came up with that cone design
Im just glad I personally wasnt the person who shoveled out the money for these things full price. I bought them off a friend for $30, plus the extreme amp. PLUS, I havent even paid him yet b/c we are going to call our debt even b/c im going to build him a ported box for the alpine he's gettin this time. So to sum things up, i got a free Extreme amp and a couple Sony XPlods to blow to **** for fun //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/thumbsupwink.gif.129404938effda6ad9cca39e7f4b58a3.gif

you are going to want a sub that is not power hungry, the kicker l7 will want around 1000 watts each so there not for you, look on onlinecarstereo.com they have a good selection of subs for good prices.

I was noticing the kickers where square anyways. Call me stupid, but I kinda prefer the traditional circle shape.

Assuming Im getting rid of this amp in about 2 months for a 700-800w Directed, I should be looking at around 700-900w subs perhaps?

Yes, Im pretty much stuck on Pioneer now, maybe Memphis. Whichever happens to be the better deal at the time I buy them (in about 2 weeks hopefully when the paycheck comes). Now I just need to know what size to get (wattage).

Probably the set I posted or maybe an earlier model for money issues. $230 is a bit much though. If I can get a good set of subs for $100 each, i will do that so I will be able to get my amp sooner.

A quick question. My amp goes into protection mode every so often when I try to play really low and fast notes (like those on Put Yo Hood Up and Bass Test tracks). Assuming my ground and wiring are correct, is this more likely an amp or sub problem?

im assuming the subs are single 4 ohm and you most likely have the amp at 2 ohms bridged so its sounds like an amp problem

im assuming the subs are single 4 ohm and you most likely have the amp at 2 ohms bridged so its sounds like an amp problem
So is this associated with the amp not being able to give enough juice to the subs? Or Perhaps my crossover is set incorrectly. I havent checked it since I was tweaking in the dark about a week ago.

honestly imo, forget the pioneers and get memphis m3's. They would better suit your application than mojo's. they sound great in a ported box and get extremely loud. On your current amp all you would need is one and with your new amp you could run 2. They are rated at 400 rms a piece but my friend is running two 15's off the memphis 4000 watt amp with a 260 amp alt in his escalade in a very effiecient ported box and the numbers he puts up on the tl are insane (i dont remember the numbers so dont ask but i remember they were in the 150's at the least- i'll ask him soon).

So is this associated with the amp not being able to give enough juice to the subs? Or Perhaps my crossover is set incorrectly. I havent checked it since I was tweaking in the dark about a week ago.
was i right?

if i was its not that your amp isn't enuf power, it's that it can't perform at that low of an ohm load

honestly imo, forget the pioneers and get memphis m3's. They would better suit your application than mojo's. they sound great in a ported box and get extremely loud. On your current amp all you would need is one and with your new amp you could run 2. They are rated at 400 rms a piece but my friend is running two 15's off the memphis 4000 watt amp with a 260 amp alt in his escalade in a very effiecient ported box and the numbers he puts up on the tl are insane (i dont remember the numbers so dont ask but i remember they were in the 150's at the least- i'll ask him soon).
x2 Id go with memphis before pioneer if you can afford it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.