ben mille and ed can't build speakers

adammk5
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
hey everyone,

i'm tired i mean really tired, ok heres the story ordered my 15a.22 ae version with the aluminum cone(refurbished) for 215 plus shipping back in august.It was a great deal and I was the happiest man in the world because I could finally compare my xxx 15 with the 15a.22,when I recieved the 15a.22 I was extremely happy but I noticed the dust cap and cone had 2 different shades of silver, no biggie I wanted sound not looks.there also was a tear in the rubber gasket,still no biggie. I also seen that about 4 inches of the surround was applied uneven. for the longest time I loved the sub untill it started sounding ok,took the sub out crack in the basket.this problem bothered me but to a certain extent.I put the sub back in and still listened to it,about a month later it sounded even worse, so I look at the uneven surround and it's comming off,yes I couldn't believe it,a tc9 I never abused fell apart quick style, not only that the crack got alot worse, split all the way down the frame.This blew my mind,so I called ed and I told them my problem and they said they can replace it with an o.v2 after they told me that I told them can't you put an o.v2 cone and surround on it they said it wouldnt work out.

I wanted a 15 that I could apply about 1200-1500 watts to,I didn't want an o.v2. So I called re and they were helpful they told me they could fix it with a different cone, surround, basket, and coil i said ok because all I wanted was a sub that works,they told me around 105 plus shipping.

So i sent my XXX 15 before I sent the 15a.22 because my homies had to snap my xxx's tinsels playing 15hz test tone in a 3.5 tuned to 25hz and I needed bass in my car while the xxx was getting fixed.

my point here is that I abused the xxx 2 times more than the a series and the xxx is still in perfect shape, ive had it for 1 year longer than the a series not only that my a series was only intended for sq applications the xxx was not.

ben mille is a very cool guy to talk to, seriously he is but I don't know about buying products from this person anymore.if there was one thing i liked about the a series more than my xxx was it's effcienty and it's weight,I just wish it could of stayed together.maybe next time they have to put more glue around the surrounds and applie it better,I feel that the basket is not their fault.I understand ED products are strickley for sq but for god sake stick together.

Hopefully the same old eDesign problems that we keep hearing about don't reappear in the v2's. I think its well known that eDesign had many problems in the past, but I am optimistic that the are now put in the past with the new designs.

They had problems with the t-joint and flat nomex cones,I have a tripple joint and an aluminum cone to eliminate the problems.Still doesn't help.

my 15a with the aluminum back plate receives power from a 1400w soundstream amp. No problem yet.
What a junky ass amp... where would you possibly buy something like that from?!?! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smokin.gif.f1dc8d2acb1809e863ebd6a47eaa0d45.gif

What a junky ass amp... where would you possibly buy something like that from?!?! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smokin.gif.f1dc8d2acb1809e863ebd6a47eaa0d45.gif
RE *****. They send people the wrong amount of subs //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/satan.gif.9c6a335ed7aeeed3ee273e573f1fcaac.gif

eD rules. I'm preordering. I'll be so happy when I receive my v3's June 1st....

of 2054...

lol~~~~

David, hope to order a batch of 15's from you quite soon.

And the amp still works fine, save for a noisy fan (think I can get that fixed myself:))

Hopefully the same old eDesign problems that we keep hearing about don't reappear in the v2's. I think its well known that eDesign had many problems in the past, but I am optimistic that the are now put in the past with the new designs.

Yeah, I'm really optimistic too //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

yeah, because we all know that all eD subs ****...especially those stupid Nomex flat cones, I can't believe anybody would still be running those and not switch to RE.

*chuckles*

just curious...

if the surround was ripped and the basket was cracked, why would you not report immediatly? i know it would of been on the next UPS truck back had it been me.

actually sounds like a shipping problem.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.