• 2x 18" SXs - give em 1.4kw each

Votes: 5 35.7%

• Total voters

Omarvelous
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Queens, NY
Ok guys,

First i want to apologize for another "XXX or SX" thread, but i got 400+ post therefore I feel i have a privelege!

So here it goes....

As you know i got the 12" XXX, LOVE IT!

but i need more!!!

Was going for the 2 sub setup, thinking 2 15" XXXs..... in a 10-12 cuft box tuned to about low 30s, swappable port

Would be great.

I was a man of SQ, but i mean with good comps/mids/box - sq isn't much of a factor.

SOOOOO..... being that SX is so much cheaper.......was thinking maybe....

2 18" SXs..... in a 10-14cuft box, aiming for 12cuft however tuned also to low 30s with swappable port.

then i was just thinking.....I should be able to fit.....

2 18" XXXs, if i'm willing to sacrifice 12-14cuft. I know it'll cost more but, i know how the 12" XXX sounds, so the 18" should be even crazier.

What i don't know is how any of the SXs sound.

SOOOO

Was wondering what you think i should do?

For my SQ Lovers, that have heard the XXX and SX.....what you think?

For my former XXX owners who now own or have heard the SX, what do you think???

Let me know! I need to know! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif

Yo, any1 with a SX ported, PM me, i'm willing to call you and listen over the phone to the **** thing!

PM me your number and i'll give ya a call, cause it's killing me!

Your a Sicko! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/waycrazy.gif.f4a380c3f94043939fd369defd9e6be2.gif
I'm not that crazy man, not yet.
Well then Untill you get crazy //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/peace.gif.2db28b618ed8d1964ebbe2f5021d2c39.gif

I'de recommend the SX's. I've never heard the 18" but I'm pretty sure you would be pleased. Plus they are cheaper than the XXX. And will pretty much get plenty loud.

2 18 daily driver. sounds more like a comp setup. thats crazy. even the 2 15's is a lot. wat type of car u got to put all that **** in? id say the 2 15's would be a better daily driver.

I say get a single 18, then if you really need the extra throw in a second one.

it sounds like he will get to that point anyways... so why not just

go with the single 18" now and save yourself from having to upgrade

the 15"s...

well check the sig. i got 2 15" sx's getting about 1200 watts a peice. let me give you my opinon, as the "ubersubs" i have heard are the xxx and the mag. my sx's are plenty loud (hard to compare since i got 2 of them, but id imagine a single sx would be loud considerig how loud these get). the sx's have good sq i think. they hit all the notes nicely they just sound a tiny bit different than when i heard my friends 15" xxx. they are close but the xxx definatly has the upper hand in sq after hearing both setups back to back. my 12" mag also had better sq imo. but as far as sheer output, 2 15" sx's make it hurt man. real nice and real loud. i would rate the sq 7/10. perfect for a daily driver imo unless your a complete sq freak. oh and i would go with the 2 18" sx's. 2 15" xxx's are good but come on...2 freakin 18" subs?! now thats what im talkin about.

2 18 daily driver. sounds more like a comp setup. thats crazy. even the 2 15's is a lot. wat type of car u got to put all that **** in? id say the 2 15's would be a better daily driver.
They are going in a 04 Tahoe

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...