Being stealthy...

Yeah MN sure does **** for tinted windows. Max you can have I believe is 30%, been a while so I'm not sure, but I've seen the max legal tint and it's not much of a tint at all. I install all of my equipment as discretely as possible, make your ride look like it doesn't even have a system is the first step. After that insurance is a good option, alarms are great. Don't advertise with stickers. If you are in north minneap, or brooklyn park/center don't bump if you're gonna park for a while. Try not to bump near your residence. All of these things will help. Do you actually live in Minneap, or St. Paul?
LOL thats funny you said something about the stickers... those are soooo retarded! its like "look guys! I have sht to steal" omg thats funny and ive seen people who actually put them on their cars. Makes me trip. St Paul.. But Im like near Minneapolis a lot for stupid work... I really dont play it too loud unless im on the freeway..

omg the stickers...

Definitely get an alarm installed asap! Always try to park where you have a line of sight to your vehicle, and always park as close to any light(s) as you can - This helps tremendously at apartment complex parking lots... I see ppl getting ripped off left & right, but never the ones who park right under the lights //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif Also until you do get your alarm, search around on the web for some stickers - ie: code-alarm / viper / any alarm co sticker will do, and you could even go as far as to throw a little sequential motion LED in your dash on a toggle and flip it on when you park... ANYTHING you can do to deter thieves is a big help, so never advertise your audio with any decals or "steal me" stickers anywhere on your ride and you will be in much better shape than most //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif

Im glad I asked, you guys have great ideas that never crossed my mind... thank you for that! that is really quite helpful.. I have had my **** broken into and stolen a bunch.. really ******* ******. once people broke in to my car for my papers i left on the dash! Needless to say I dont leave them in sight anymore, if I had them.. I dont smoke anymore, so I think im legit now.. i hope.. legit enough to be legit.. ok im dont. you get the point.

10 bucks on ebay
I didnt know they made those.. hmmm well id rather make mine with the car brand and **** on it, I think it looks more legit, that looks pretty generic and cheesey, but that is cool, id they made it look like the actual stock radio

Yeah anyone that puts audio stickers on their vehicle deserves to get robbed honestly. I have a house in Roseville which is in the middle of St. Paul and Minneapolis. If you ever need any help let me know, I've got a plethora of tools for working on car audio and some spare parts. Good to see another MN native on here, welcome to CA.COM. Try not to let the trolls get to you, girls tend to get harassed on this site, but it looks like you've already received that warning //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

well thank you. Yes Ive been warned. And I am totally capable of being a C U Next Tuesday and I can harass right back, Im really not afraid of people behind a computer screen. I do enjoy it a lot. I dont ever really get to talk about this kinda stuff... no one I know really likes it. I used to work at Best Buy in the car audio dept... I talked about it all day and got paid for it! And got to hang out with the installers, and see how everything is done, ever since that little project ended, Im all sorts of depressed, no one to talk to about it, until now!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.