Been out of the loop for 6 years. Catch me up!

SVTraptor
10+ year member

When I was on here years ago under an older account all the talk was RE, XXX's were the elite, Brahmas and everyone rolled Type R's.

Amps were a very broad range, I think Soundstream was much liked.

What are the new "trend" subs/amps? Which are best budget? Best value? And which subs and amps basically outperform the rest?

When I was on here years ago under an older account all the talk was RE, XXX's were the elite, Brahmas and everyone rolled Type R's.
Amps were a very broad range, I think Soundstream was much liked.

What are the new "trend" subs/amps? Which are best budget? Best value? And which subs and amps basically outperform the rest?
XXX is still nice for it's purpose, Soundstream is re-badged Power Acoustik (junk). Lot of people run Type R, that's also still good for what it is. A few companies have come and gone, there's some new ones. Pretty much 3 build houses in the far east make everything and it's a matter of what name you like.

How about we find out how much power and goals the OP has before suggesting sheit
Good question. I've been out of the loop for a while. Not sure what the standard is anymore. I've noticed the Type-Rs are now 1000wrms compared to 600 when I was in the ****. Not really sure of my goal. I watches some videos of the American Bass XFL? Holy ****, if that's what a $195 sub gets you, man oh man I'm not sure I want that right now. I honestly think I may just go with a Type-R and just get a really nice amp (not sure what's nice, but would like to stay less than $300).

Good question. I've been out of the loop for a while. Not sure what the standard is anymore. I've noticed the Type-Rs are now 1000wrms compared to 600 when I was in the ****. Not really sure of my goal. I watches some videos of the American Bass XFL? Holy ****, if that's what a $195 sub gets you, man oh man I'm not sure I want that right now. I honestly think I may just go with a Type-R and just get a really nice amp (not sure what's nice, but would like to stay less than $300).
It's better to have too much bass and turn the volumes down than to not have enough and not be happy with your setup.

I'd go with the XFL over the type R

You can look into Sundown SD or SA lines orthe new X series but H ave started to realize its basically which is better Ford/Chevy etc its basically your choice cant really go wrong. Unless your looking to go Balls Out SPL monster most subs will be fine amps I have had success with Hifonics although they are not a populatr choice here Sound Qubed seem like a good amp line also.

I've picked up used XFLs for 150 used before.. It's probably the best "budget" sub out there... Will take 2k daily. But gets out on 800 even.. I have one 10 on 1.5k in my girls car, does 143 @ 36 hz lmao.. and my friend tanner has a Durango I'm doing a XFL 12 on 1800 rms it's gonna slam. I highly reccomend the XFL over the Type R. Shiiits all over it

I've picked up used XFLs for 150 used before.. It's probably the best "budget" sub out there... Will take 2k daily. But gets out on 800 even.. I have one 10 on 1.5k in my girls car, does 143 @ 36 hz lmao.. and my friend tanner has a Durango I'm doing a XFL 12 on 1800 rms it's gonna slam. I highly reccomend the XFL over the Type R. Shiiits all over it
I wish I knew which part of my brain wants me to go less with a Type-R. From what I've read, and heard on here the XFL is my route to go. Maybe it's a sign? How many cubes does it need ported? Any good box plans for it?

I wish I knew which part of my brain wants me to go less with a Type-R. From what I've read, and heard on here the XFL is my route to go. Maybe it's a sign? How many cubes does it need ported? Any good box plans for it?
Depends on your power man. Low power go little bigger, more power like 1500+ go smaller

---------- Post added at 11:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:59 PM ----------

You won't be dissapointed with it that's all I can say

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.