Been out of the car audio game for 4-5 years, what are the top brands/models now?

check into dc audio lvl 3's-900wrms each, but will take that 1000wrms with ease. soundssolutionsaudio-ssa icons, ct audio may have something that would work also. put whatever you choose in a custom built ported box, and they will shine. also, check the classifieds on here, you may be able to find custom built subs, splaudio comes to mind. it really depends on your budget and sound goals, that is to say, what type of music you prefer. some will even suggest sundown audio, they have an x series that really looks promising.

Cant bring myself to it. I installed and IDMAX12 a few years back in a buddy's car...sealed box getting ~1000 watts...it died after a few weeks of moderate use. Customer service and repairing it was a nightmare.

I'd prefer something a bit more robust....something that can handle 1200-1500 rms minimum. I'd rather give it slightly less than what it can handle than push the limits to get the volume I want.

Cant bring myself to it. I installed and IDMAX12 a few years back in a buddy's car...sealed box getting ~1000 watts...it died after a few weeks of moderate use. Customer service and repairing it was a nightmare.
I'd prefer something a bit more robust....something that can handle 1200-1500 rms minimum. I'd rather give it slightly less than what it can handle than push the limits to get the volume I want.
I would recommend Arc Audio Flatlines but they only make them in 12's.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.