Been In the novice audio game for a while... Puzzled with my new car

Participant count
  • Participant list

MaxToTheG37
10+ year member

TN
I have an 2008 Infiniti G37 with navi and bose.

This car has got me puzzled. HU and navi screen will have to stay... due to the way its set up.

I am looking for a way to get the options of an aftermarket HU from the stock HU. The signal coming outta the stock HU is flat and doesnt get EQd till the factory amps. So I have been told a JL clean sweep really wont help....

there are 11 speakers....bose system... 2 factory amps are in the trunk....

doors-

2- 10 inch subs

2- 3.5 mids

2- tweeters

Rear side

2- 3.5

Read Deck

2- 6x9s

Center Channel

Id like a lil help and suggestions on what I can do... I would love to change out all the speakers and go aftermarket... I want to have great sound inside and have the ability to turn the subs off and listen to good quality lows, mids, and highs. But I want the inside speakers not to be drowned out when the subs are on...

ideas that i have thought about is trying to make a small enclosure and fit 2 8s or 10s back in the door with better output bass... if it shows to be too small then ill just put the bass from a componets set in there...

PLEASE this is for audio experts and any ideas for this will be considered... I need super help with this...

Money is not a factor at this time...

Thanks in advance!!!

I have a similar problem, and I found a solution.

I have a mazdaspeed 3, which has auto climate control built into the audio area. I need to keep it stock, and I want to upgrade the sound.

I purchased a Rockford 3sixty.2, which will allow me to run my speakers all from the same place, incuding the sub channel. You can also set all of the crossover points, which makes your entire system run active.

the clean sweep does not have the ability to do nearly as much equalization, and allows you to run active crossovers. That alone will make a huge difference.

This means if you replace the speakers in the car, you could use this to control what sounds go to what speaker.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.