Beast 10s that require small boxes...

I run 3 sundown z.2 10's. In 3.5 cubes net. Super loud for 10's. Haven't metered yet. But on the ear-lab id say its on par if not greater then a single 15in BTL. Not sure it helps you at all but figured id throw my input in.

I run 3 sundown z.2 10's. In 3.5 cubes net. Super loud for 10's. Haven't metered yet. But on the ear-lab id say its on par if not greater then a single 15in BTL. Not sure it helps you at all but figured id throw my input in.
You lucky man you. And it better be louder than that!

Hahahaha exactly what I was thinking.... Hell, two 10's better be louder than a single 15" BTL..... 3 should walk on it.
Well 2 Zs will be a little less cone area, and a little less power handling. But if done right, the motor strength should get it there! And yes, 3 should be savage!

it is, i ran the BTL in 09, between then i havent had a decent setup. Its much louder then the BTL sealed up for sure. But I never metered either setup so it would be a lie to say, its for sure louder. The BTL was tuned at 30 this is around 31 or so. Much more musical then my BTL was thru the full srange

it is, i ran the BTL in 09, between then i havent had a decent setup. Its much louder then the BTL sealed up for sure. But I never metered either setup so it would be a lie to say, its for sure louder. The BTL was tuned at 30 this is around 31 or so. Much more musical then my BTL was thru the full srange
How much power for each set up?

Orion 2500d for the BTL at .7 and a audiopipe 3k at 1.5ohm both daily. The orion was on stock alt and a 160ah SLA battery in the back, the AP is on a mechman 270amp alt, redtop up front, and a Juicebox45 in the back (same size/specs of a xs power d1200)

Orion 2500d for the BTL at .7 and a audiopipe 3k at 1.5ohm both daily. The orion was on stock alt and a 160ah SLA battery in the back, the AP is on a mechman 270amp alt, redtop up front, and a Juicebox45 in the back (same size/specs of a xs power d1200)
Yes I bet those 3 10s are vicious!!!

Sorry I should have specified, I really meant a more efficient amp. Which soundstream isn't known for either :p I was just thinking you could get SO much more out of that electrical if you had an amp that didn't need to draw twice as much power as it's putting out.

You can always find one of these bad boys.....

cfm3001.jpg

cfm3002.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.