Beast 10s that require small boxes...

022.jpg

023.jpg

haha ive only had 12's and 15's. wanna try out something small. and thats exactly what i was hoping for. lots of spl and great sq to boot. can work in a ported or vented application with a fs of 33.1....cant beat it imo
Whats the difference between ported and vented? And I love small subs. Lol. Never tried 8s tho.

---------- Post added at 09:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:53 PM ----------

haha ive only had 12's and 15's. wanna try out something small. and thats exactly what i was hoping for. lots of spl and great sq to boot. can work in a ported or vented application with a fs of 33.1....cant beat it imo
Whats the difference between ported and vented? And I love small subs. Lol. Never tried 8s tho.

ported you can move a lot more air due to the air moving out of the port obviously. and you are tuning to a certain frequency so you can hit notes a lot stronger at around that frequency. it gets a lot more in depth than that but thats ported in a nutshell in my persona experiences. sealed plays everything pretty even imo, but you lose some output due to the woofer not being able to move as well. like i said, its more complicated than that but those are my experiences

ported you can move a lot more air due to the air moving out of the port obviously. and you are tuning to a certain frequency so you can hit notes a lot stronger at around that frequency. it gets a lot more in depth than that but thats ported in a nutshell in my persona experiences. sealed plays everything pretty even imo, but you lose some output due to the woofer not being able to move as well. like i said, its more complicated than that but those are my experiences
Oh so you mean ported or sealed. Not ported and vented... Lol. I used to always run sealed, but the output with a ported enclosure is overwhelmingly more. So I usually go ported, and tune low //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.